⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝.

{irl. social media}

bad for business - sabrina carpenter

"He really isn't always like that, you know" Matt says, slurping the last bit of the Coke in his large McDonalds cup, holding the straw with two fingers. He looks back at AJ to see how she responds and was greeted with a doubtful face "Im serious, I think he's just being really competitive."

The four went through the McDonalds drive through and decided to park in a secluded parking spot, only illuminated by a small flickering street light. Matt was in the drivers seat with Nick playing passenger princess, while AJ and Monica took the second row backseats.

While eating, they decided to get to know each other better. This was the easiest AJ had ever made friends, but she did hate to admit, Chris had a point. She was not here to meet people, she was here to become the best of the best.

"Ha!" Monica scoffs, causing everyone to turn their attention towards her as she laughs sarcastically. She held a fry in her left hand while using the right hand to conceal her open laugh "Don't even talk about competitive until you've seen AJ on the ice. Fucking unbearable. I love you Avarie and we work well together, but fuck I would hate to be on the opposing team. There is no way Chris is as bad as her"

"I can't wait to see that. Guess you will have to prove to me that you're a force not to be reckoned with" Nick teases as he speaks to AJ, biting into his nugget

"Monica is just gassing me up because she's my best friend. I could be better. I will be better" AJ laughs

"You're too hard on yourself" Monica rolls her eyes as a response "Maybe now having actual competition will make you realize how talented you are" She winks. At least if Chris was considered competition it would give her a valid reason to hate him. AJ hates to hold grudges, but he was a dick to her, she couldn't let it go so easily.

"To be honest, I know Chris is kind of being a douchebag right now, but he will give you a run for your money. One thing about him is he doesn't give up, that's just how he has always been" Matt says

"True" Nick adds "I promise Chris isn't always a jackass. Normally he's really goofy and fun-loving. Just our silly little brother"

"Great. So I just bring it out of him, huh?" AJ rolls her eyes "Glad to know I have that effect to make an enemy wherever I go" She adds her finished meal into the bag they claimed for trash and dumps the rest of her Sprite outside

"He will come around. Chris doesn't have a mean bone in his body" Matt replies before turning back around to face the wheel, slowly putting the car in reverse "I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is day one and we really need to be rested up"

The drive home contained of more conversation - including favorite colors, songs, and memories - and ended when they said goodnight. Quickly AJ and Monica were changed into pajamas and laid into bed. The room was dark and only slightly brightened by the parking lot lights outside their window that they've yet to put curtains on. Silence lingered around despite a small buzzing from the mini fridge.