⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐞.

{irl. social media}

cable management - violets crush

"As a team, you have conquered the warm up of the physical heat you will soon begin. You have mastered trusting each other. But do you really know your team?" Coach yells "There is no point in me standing here doing my job if we can't understand each other enough to work together. Today we will focus on learning more about your teammates. Enjoy this as a break, because after today, you will be tested to the limit. Get in a big circle on the ice" He blows his whistle after ordering instructions.

AJ stands in the circle line in between Nate and Monica. Directly across from her was Chris, who seemed to be watching her every movement.

"Who here has ever heard of the game two truths and one lie?" Coach asks, slowly skating in the middle of the circle. He manages to avoid hitting any of the players.

"I have" A girl speaks up from the left of the circle, holding up her hand anxiously

Coach skates closer to her and stops, staring the girl up and down, "Are you expecting a cookie, number twenty-four?" The girl awkwardly puts her hand down and lowers her head in humiliation. Perhaps the coach was not looking for a literal answer, and this incident showcases how serious of a person he was. Ignoring her, he begins to skate in the circle again.

"The way this game is going to work is we will go around the circle will go around and each person will verbally tell us two truths, and one lie about themselves. Do not be afraid to get vulnerable. You will never be able to successfully play the game if you do not know and trust your teammates. The person to your left will guess which fact is a lie. We will start with number four" Coach announces, continuing to skate off the rink and switch into regular shoes before walking out of the room. He sure was interesting and unpredictable. Despite his randomness, he managed to keep his team in line and on guard. If AJ was gonna continue to become the best of the best and focus on the game, she knew she needed the energy that her coach was bringing.

Number four happened to be Matt, who was standing next to Chris and Nick. His face expression showed that he was thinking about what he wanted to share about himself. AJ sneakily side eyed Monica, who was watching intensely with flustered cheeks and a small smile.

Despite her many years of friendship with Monica, AJ had never seen her in a relationship. Sure she had mentioned boys before and called several cute, but a true, authentic, and genuine relationship had never occurred before. Although she never admitted it before, Monica had abandonment issues, and daddy issues. There was nothing more AJ wanted than to see her best friend find a great guy, someone to treat her right. AJ was just scared one day that guy wouldn't treat Monica with the love she deserved, but if that day were to come, AJ would be available with a dry shoulder to cry on.

The way Monica was so quickly enthralled by Matt peaked AJs interest. It was nice to see, she was happy to witness her best friend happy.

"Well, hello. I'm Matt. My two truths, one lie is..." He hesitates for a moment, internally locking in his answers before speaking "My favorite color is blue, I started playing hockey when I was 8, and I plan to go to college for computer science"