⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐟𝐮𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

{irl. social media}

pluto projector - rex orange county

After eating, the two were laid together on the blue checkered sheet, watching the stars above them. AJ had covered them both with the spare blanket, and used Chris's chest as a pillow.

Their hands danced together mindlessly.

"Can I ask you something?" Chris asks randomly

"Anything" AJ nods

The stars above them were placed sporadically in the sky, each randomly ending up in the position they were in. Every night the stars were next to new ones. But, it seemed that tonight they were perfectly orchestrated together just like the two below. They had somehow found each other, and swore to never separate.

"How did he die?" Chris questions gently. Something in the air brought openness and honesty to the grass, and they had been having deep conversations all night. However, Chris knew not to overstep the boundaries. "What was he like?" It didn't take a name for AJ to understand who Chris was referring to.

He wanted to know her inside and out, perhaps better than anyone else.

"Joel" AJ smiles, picturing her twin brother in her mind. It could have been the kid version of him, or the high school version, but it was not. Every time she thought of him, it was always the moment frozen in time of the last time she saw him. "He is the reason that I am how I am. Literally the missing half to my life. You know how it is to have that bond, to never be separated from day one?"

Chris nods, and while AJs focus still remained on the night sky, she knew that he understood. Chris was a triplet himself, he first hand experiences the special bond with his brothers every day

"Joel was the type of person to bitch-slap you, then bring you for ice cream to make up for it. He was also the type of person to talk a little more kindly if someone was upset. Joel is the best person I know, my best friend. You would've loved him, but he would've loved you more" AJ smiles "He had a heart condition that nobody knew about. Even all of the doctors we have seen throughout the years for hockey, not a single one detected it. One night he kinda just..." She took a deep breath, the vision of her brother flashing through her brain. Chris noticed this and closed the very little space between them, running his hands through her hair for comfort "They found it in his autopsy"

"I'm sorry, Avarie June. I couldn't imagine" Chris sighs, kissing the top of her head "Thank you for opening up to me"

"My turn" She smiles, changing the topic "Why have you never had a girlfriend?"

"How do you know I've never had a girlfriend?" Chris gasps in surprise

AJ turns to look at him with a sneaky expression on her face as she shrugs her shoulders, concealing the answer. He chuckles and shakes his head.