⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟏𝟔. 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲.

{irl. social media}

still beating - mac demarco

"Is the sauce in the bag?" Chris asks, chewing with his mouth open. He leans forward to Matt.

Matt, as the only brother with his license, was the automatic driver. Monica played passenger princess in order to hold her boyfriend's hand, something the rest of the car admired in awe of. Chris and AJ took the seats in the middle of the car, while Nate and Nick found themselves in the far back.

"Close your mouth before I close it for you" Matt rolls his eyes as he tosses the mild Taco Bell sauce at his brother

"Mr. Tough guy" Nick comments from the back "But he is right. Chew with your mouth closed"

"You guys are the only people it bothers" Chris frowns, turning towards AJ "Am I right?"

Monica twists her body to see AJ, as both girls exchange looks that show they were trying not to laugh. Failing, laughter erupts throughout the car.

Chris and AJ were finally off of the bench, and allowed to practice. So the group, after a long day of practice, decided to pile up in the iconic mini van and make a trip to Taco Bell together. Per usual, after grabbing the food, they found an empty spot in a parking lot.

The only lights illuminating the car was the blinking pole outside and the dash light. It was a quiet night, besides the laughter from the 6 friends, and minimal chewing.

"Everyone here is an asshole" Chris remarks, throwing his trash away in the bag

"Get ready to hear his loud ass chewing everyday for another year" Matt laughs directing his comment to Monica

Her smile slowly fades from her face as she begins to fiddle with her fingers. AJs smile turns into confusion, noticing her best friend's body language. She was visibly nervous. AJ could always tell when something was bothering Monica. They could read each other clearly.

In elementary school, Monica's parents split up. She did not mention this to nobody, not even AJ for weeks. But she was noticeably upset everyday. AJ understood this, and while she didn't know what exactly was going on, she knew to be there for Monica to support her. Since that moment, they have learned to understand each other and pick up on emotions.

"What does he mean another year? What is he talking about?" AJ asks slowly. The air in the car grows cold, and the atmosphere is silent

"You didn't tell her?" Matt whispers, obviously intending for only the two of them to hear. However, his voice is not as quiet as he believes.

"Tell me what?" AJ questions "Moni?"

Monica looks up at her with anxious eyes. It was not often that they kept secrets from each other, so a nauseating feeling lingered in both of their stomachs.