⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

{irl. social media}

real love baby - father john misty

"Does this look okay?" AJ asks staring in the mirror, brushing the wrinkles out of her coral satin shirt. She tilts her head in an attempt to get a different view of the outfit.

Tonight was her date with Chris, and she wanted to look perfect. It was the first time in a long time she put effort into her hair or makeup. She did not know where they were going, or what they would be doing, but she was certain of one thing: the sickening feeling in her stomach.

AJ felt anxious all day. Not because she thought Chris would disappoint her, nor because she was scared to disappoint him. But because she did not know what to expect.

"More than okay" Monica nods, lifting her head from her phone in order to observe her best friend "You look really pretty, AJ. Don't overwhelm yourself"

"What if-"She starts, before getting cut off

"No what ifs. You're going to go out as a beautiful girl and enjoy a nice night with a hot boy. You've got this" Monica says as she stands up to shake AJs shoulders "I love you, you're freaking yourself out. You deserve this"

AJ takes a breath in and out, allowing herself to calm down. She had a tendency to doubt and worry, but luckily Monica was always there to keep her in check.

She could feel her heart beat finally slow down to a normal pace.
Peace.

A knock at the door shook the dorm, causing the two girls to look at each other with a smile.

Monica's smile screamed that she was excited, but AJs smile shouted that she was mentally preparing herself.

The door opens to a grinning Chris, dressed in a black Ransom shirt, black joggers, and a pair of white Nike shoes. He was holding a bouquet of lillies with his left arm, while his right arm was nervously fiddling by his side. His eyes scan her from head to toe, before meeting with her lips and then her eyes.

"Hi" He smiles softly

"Hi" She responds as she matches the easiness

"Oh these uh- These are for you!" Chris says as he snaps back into reality, delicately holding out the lillies

"They're beautiful, thank you, Chris" AJ grins big as she grabs them, putting her nose to the bud. A whiff of a honey-like smell fills her nostrils, a gentle reminder of everything good and kind. "I'll put them in my vase and then i'm ready"

She disappears into the bathroom where both girls kept their vases. In the main room, there was already a white vase standing with fresh tulips that Matt got for Monica. The Sturniolos never let their women see dead flowers. AJ appears back with a prepared vase, setting it on the nightstand, before meeting Chris at his side again.