⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥.

{irl. social media}

always love- old man canyon

"Why the fuck would you do that, Avarie?" Monica rolls her eyes as she runs a hand through her hair "Please let yourself be happy for once"

"Moni, I understand where you're coming from, But i'm not here to date. I'm here to play hockey. I will never get better if i'm worried about some guy" AJ responds

The next morning after her night with Chris, AJ confided in Monica and told her every detail. She described his touch, the way he opened up to her about Wes, and how desperately she failed at wanting to run away. When AJ told Monica that she pulled away from Chris's kiss, Monica responded with a big groan and a sigh. Despite how AJ says she hates Chris, the way she talks about him says a different story. The pupil within her brown eyes grow in size, and her cheeks blush a pink hue. The corner of her mouth always curls into a smile when explaining how stupid he is.

If there was one thing Monica had become an expert in, it was knowing her best friend. She knew what AJ really meant when she says hate.

"Calling him some guy is crazy. Demented, even. I would go even as far to say deranged" Monica teases. They were each sitting criss crossed on their own beds, facing the other. Moment like this remind AJ of when Monica lived with her. Sophomore year, Monica was kicked out of her own house by her stepfather, and the first place she came running to was AJs house. For a while they slept in the same bed, until AJs adoptive parents cleared out the guest room and made it Monica's personal space. During that time, they spent every waking moment together. Dinner was a time for chit chatting and gossiping, the mornings was a time to do each others hair and makeup. They got to know each other on a deeper and further level during that time. Two years later and they were back living in the same room, gossiping and giggling.

"Enough about me, don't pretend like I didn't see you and Matt go on a romantic stroll together" AJ smirks, covering her laugh with her right hand. Her messy hair falls in front of her face, sculpting her cheekbones. "How was it?"

"Okay...I need you to promise me not to freak out" Monica says slowly, her cheeks flushing red. Monica could already see the excitement building up in her best friends eyes, despite not having told her the big news yet "Matt asked me out on a date"

"Moni!" AJ jumps up screaming with a smile, she claps her hands in joy and throws her best friend into a hug "You dog! When is the date?"

"Shut up" Monica laughs as her cheeks begin to fluster "Tonight. And I really need you to work your magic, bitch. You know how to curl hair better than I do"

Hours later, after eating lunch and watching more than enough episodes of Modern Family together, it was time for Monica to get ready for her date. Matt told her to dress comfy casual, so she wore her brown tube top with a white skirt, finished with gold jewelry, her brown leather purse (which held one tube of lipgloss, and gum), and her black converse. It took AJ thirty minutes to curl Monica's hair, ending eventually with voluminous big curls. During this time, Monica did her own makeup.