⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡.

{irl. social media}

sharpest tool - sabrina carpenter

"A huge part of working together is knowing who you are working with. Today I want to focus on team building rather than physical gain. You can be strong and coordinated all you want, but if you don't work well with your teammates, you've got nothing going for you" Coach announces to the team after blowing his whistle loudly "Organize yourselves into pairs of two for a round of trust falls"

Nick and Nate decided to team together, while Monica and Matt paired up.
Shit, AJ thought. She didn't know how she got so unlucky to be left with Chris. They exchange awkward and annoyed looks with each other before Chris walks to a different group of people. AJ lets out a scoff of disbelief.

A figure appears beside AJ with an unfamiliar scent. She looks up and is met with Wes Johnson.
In this moment she didn't know who was worse.

"Looks like you're stuck with me, sweetheart" He sarcastically laughs "Don't be afraid to get handsy"

A rush of nausea rushes over AJ. She definitely did not want to be paired with him, but even more she did not want his hands on her.

"You're crazy if you think i'm gonna partner with you. I'd rather go home right now" AJ scoffs once more, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. She knew very little about Wes, but she knew that the triplets did not like him. There must be history there, but she didn't know exactly what. She couldn't help wonder what happened that caused this rivalry. Either way, she knew she would trust their opinion, even Chris's. Something about him felt trustworthy.

"Don't be like that" Wes winks playfully, slowly wrapping his arm around her waist and bringing her closer. AJ pushes him away, causing anger to brew in his eyes. If looks could kill, she'd be long gone.

Chris reappears beside AJ, staring at Wes in the eyes without breaking contact. Neither of them liked each other, something serious definitely happened. But AJ knew this wasn't the moment to figure it out. Just as Wes did moments earlier, Chris wraps his arm around her waist and brings her closer. AJ expected to be disturbed but instead it felt...nice? The way he moved was in an almost protective manner, as if he could put away his hate for one moment.

"Trying to steal my partner, are we?" Chris says in a monotone manner, not losing his locked gaze on Wes. Reading his face let AJ know that Chris was angry. Question is, who was he angry at? Wes or AJ? Who did he hate more?

"Partner? Your ass was just over there. In your dreams" Wes scoffs, taking a step closer

"Sorry" AJ sarcastically shrugs towards the blonded boy, now merging her arm around Chris to confirm the pair. She decided it was much easier to be with him than with Wes.

"Fuck you both" Wes spits through his teeth, walking away to the group Chris was previously with. AJ let out a sigh of relief watching him leave and finally brought her arms back to her side, but it took Chris a moment to do the same.