⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟐𝟐. 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟.

{irl. social media}

window seat - violets crush

"Break?" Chris says as he huffs out an exhausted breath, wiping his eye through his helmet

"Scrimmage is in a few days, we have to push through" AJ shakes her head, continuing to pelt the pucks at the goal

AJ and Chris decided to practice together late at night after most team practices, to get in extra skill and time. The scrimmage was coming soon, and AJ wanted to use every minute she had available to practice. However, that meant she was forgetting to leave time aside for her wellbeing.

"Avarie June, it's okay to stop for a minute" Chris shakes his head, resting his arm on his hockey stick "I'm dying here"

"Just five minutes and then we need to get back to it, okay?" She points

Together, they skated to the edge and moved to the bleachers, fueling up on water and catching their breath. The air was cold and still.

"Everything is going to work out, you know?" Chris nods, finishing the last bit of water in his bottle as he releases a breath of air. He joins AJ on the bleacher she was sitting in, playfully nudging her with his shoulder.

"I know!" She chirps, her mind obviously busy elsewhere

"I'm serious. Don't even worry about the scrimmage. You're the best damn person on the ice no matter who is out there with you" He smiles

She gives him a small side smile as she slowly shrugs, "Thank you"

After a few minutes of relaxing, they decide to get back on the ice. For the next two hours, they practiced face-off circle skating, shooting, shootouts. AJ and Chris worked almost flawlessly together, pushing the other to the max.

They did not let anything off the hook, which only improves the skills and game for the other.

Afterwards, they were both exhausted, but felt self-fulfilled. 

"You wanna go get something to eat?" Chris asks, smirking as he looked at AJ. They were both changing into sneakers, officially done with practice for the night

"As long as you're driving" AJ jokes, to which Chris waved his hands in agreement

They make their way down to the infamous minivan, Chris greeting AJ with the opening and closing of her door before going to his own side and driving out of the parking lot. The ride was not long, and soon enough they ended together at the fast food drive through.

They decided to park in a dark, secluded spot after getting their food in order to eat.

"I forgot to tell Monica not to wait up" AJ suddenly gasps, setting down her drink and picking up her phone, quickly sending a text

"I'm sure she's okay" Chris laughs, shaking his head "What would she be waiting up for anyways?"

AJ shoots him a surprised side-eye, as if the answer was completely obvious. Chris returns this look with confusion.

"Who would I be if I didn't debrief with my best friend every day?" She answers plainly

"You would be normal. That's the only answer" Chris sighs playfully "Don't worry, I like my women crazy"

"This is hater behavior" AJ shakes her head with a smile, continuing to text her best friend

"How did you and Monica even meet? Or did you two just come out of the womb attached at the hip?" Chris playfully rolls his eyes, taking a sip of his Pepsi

"You would think so, but no. It's actually kind of sweet. Whenever we were in early elementary school, Joel and I had a birthday party. At that age, you invite everyone in your class so that's what we did. Moni was in Joel's class, but did not actually like him. In order to spite him, my little demon, she only brought a gift for me because she knew he was a twin. I guess I liked the way she thought about things, and ever since then she's been a sister to me" AJ smiles, tilting her head in fond recollection. She sets her phone down, finished with her conversation with Monica. "Joel did not find it as funny as I did though"

"Why do you say that?" Chris laughs curiously

"He tried to get our Mom to kick her out. It obviously didn't work. He really didn't find it funny when she kept showing up to every single other birthday party we had" AJ giggles

"Did he ever end up coming around? Or was he super hard headed like someone we know?" Chris says as he was obviously referring to AJ

"He definitely tried to" AJ shakes her head as she teasingly rolls her eyes, ignoring his previous statement "I don't know if she was ever successfully able to win him over"

As the night goes on, they continue to have deep conversation, but AJ could only focus on how pretty his blue eyes looked in this lighting. They were kind eyes, welcoming her in, yearning to know more. One look from Chris and she knew she'd always be okay.

AJ could not describe the peace she felt when she was around Chris, but in moments like this, she knew for a fact she was right where she needed to be. It was as if the universe was agreeing with her, nudging her towards Chris. His voice was soothing and comforting, and never failed to make her day better. 

Each time she talked to Chris, she couldn't help but to remember Matt's previous words.

One half of her was terrified to officially be his girlfriend, while the other half screamed that she could no longer wait. 

@avyoung made a new post!

@avyoung: 2cool4school (i wish) liked by @christophersturniolo, @monihayes, and 5320 othersview all 425 comments

liked by @christophersturniolo, @monihayes, and 5320 others
view all 425 comments

@monihayes: i love her more than any of you bitches btw
avyoung: i see no lies

@user: yuck

@user2: you took the triplets from us

@nathandoe8: doing everything except driving properly
avyoung: IM SORRY

@christophersturniolo: did it hurt when u fell from heaven?
avyoung: yes ):

@matthew.sturniolo: you make me terrified to be on the roads
avyoung: i'm a good driver, we all know this!
christophersturniolo: it's a good thing ur pretty!
nicolassturniolo: sure!!!!!!.........
avyoung: YOU GUYS R SO MEAN

@user3: chris i get it, i understand now

@nicolassturniolo: oh my god oh my god oh my god
avyoung: i luv u w my whole heart

@user4: face card is in debt
user5: LMAOOOO

@user6: what the hell