9

**Chapter 9: Baby Batman's Cookie Tantrum**

It was snack time at the Hero Daycare, and Lois Lane was busy making sure that every baby had something to munch on. The daycare had settled into a calm rhythm after the morning's excitement with Baby Joker and Baby Superman, and Lois was hopeful that the rest of the day would be smooth sailing.

She had just finished handing out juice boxes to the toddlers when she reached into the snack bin and pulled out a tray of freshly baked cookies. They were small, soft, and perfectly sweet—just the kind of treat to keep the little heroes happy.

"Alright, who wants a cookie?" Lois called out cheerfully, holding up the tray.

A chorus of excited babbles and clapping hands erupted from the babies, their eyes lighting up at the sight of the cookies. Lois made her way around the room, handing out a cookie to each baby. Baby Thor grabbed his eagerly, his eyes wide with delight as he took a big bite. Baby Tony and Baby Bruce each got their cookies and immediately started nibbling on them, while Baby Jean Grey carefully levitated hers just out of reach of Baby Cyclops, teasing him playfully.

Finally, Lois reached Baby Clint Barton, who had been quietly eyeing the tray with anticipation. She handed him the last cookie, not noticing that Baby Bruce Wayne—Baby Batman—had been watching the exchange intently from across the room.

As Baby Clint took a bite of his cookie, a sudden, tense silence fell over the room. Lois looked up, surprised to see Baby Batman standing very still, his tiny fists clenched at his sides and his little face scrunched up in frustration.

"Uh-oh," Lois muttered under her breath, recognizing the warning signs of an impending tantrum.

Baby Batman marched over to Baby Clint, his eyes narrowing as he fixed his gaze on the cookie in Clint's hand. "Mine!" he declared in a stern, surprisingly authoritative voice for someone so small.

Baby Clint, who hadn't noticed Baby Batman's approach, looked up in surprise. He hesitated, glancing down at his half-eaten cookie, then back at Baby Batman. "No," Clint said softly but firmly, holding the cookie a little closer to his chest.

Lois quickly stepped forward, trying to defuse the situation. "Bruce, sweetie, there are plenty of other snacks—"

But it was too late. Baby Batman's face turned a deep shade of red, and before anyone could stop him, he stomped his foot on the ground with an angry "Hmph!" The sudden movement startled Baby Clint, causing him to drop the cookie. As it tumbled to the floor, Baby Batman's frustration reached a boiling point.

In a fit of tiny rage, Baby Batman let out a loud, angry wail that echoed through the daycare. The other babies, who had been peacefully enjoying their snacks, paused to stare at him, their eyes wide with surprise. Even Baby Superman, who was usually the calmest of the group, looked over with concern.

Lois quickly scooped up the dropped cookie, but before she could offer it back, Baby Batman was already on the verge of a full-blown tantrum. His little fists were clenched, and tears of frustration welled up in his eyes as he glared at Baby Clint, who was now looking both guilty and a little scared.

"Bruce, honey, it's okay," Lois said soothingly, kneeling down to his level. "I can get you another cookie, or maybe you'd like something else? How about some applesauce?"

But Baby Batman wasn't interested in applesauce or any other snack. All he wanted was the cookie that was now out of his reach. He shook his head furiously, his tiny voice coming out in a series of hiccuping sobs. "Cookie... mine..."

Lois's heart broke a little at the sight of him so upset, but she knew she needed to calm him down before the tantrum escalated any further. She gently reached out to Baby Batman, pulling him into a comforting hug. "Shh, it's okay, Bruce," she murmured, rubbing his back in slow, soothing circles. "It's okay to be upset, but we don't need to fight over cookies. There are always more."

Baby Batman's sobs started to quiet down, but he was still trembling with frustration. Lois rocked him gently, continuing to whisper calming words until his tense little body began to relax against her. After a few moments, the tears slowed, and Baby Batman sniffled, wiping his nose on the sleeve of his tiny cape.

Lois looked over at Baby Clint, who was still holding onto the remains of the cookie, looking more than a little guilty. She smiled reassuringly at him. "It's okay, Clint. You didn't do anything wrong."

But Baby Clint, being the sweet, considerate little guy he was, carefully broke the cookie in half and offered one piece to Baby Batman. "Share?" he asked, his voice small and hopeful.

Baby Batman looked at the offered piece of cookie, his big, watery eyes blinking in surprise. He hesitated, then slowly reached out and took the half-cookie from Baby Clint. He stared at it for a moment before looking up at Clint with a tentative smile.

"Share," Baby Batman echoed quietly, nodding as he nibbled on the cookie. His earlier anger seemed to fade away, replaced by a sense of contentment now that he had a piece of the coveted treat.

Lois felt a wave of relief wash over her as the situation resolved itself. She gave both babies an affectionate pat on the head. "Good job, you two. Sharing is the best way to keep everyone happy."

With the tension diffused, the rest of the babies slowly returned to their snacks and toys, the earlier drama already forgotten. Baby Thor, who had been watching the whole scene unfold, gave a loud, approving clap. "Good!" he exclaimed, clearly pleased with the outcome.

Baby Batman, still snuggled in Lois's arms, finished his half of the cookie and gave a satisfied sigh. He looked up at her with a sleepy, contented expression, the earlier tantrum now a distant memory.

"Feeling better, Bruce?" Lois asked softly.

Baby Batman nodded, his eyes drooping with exhaustion from the emotional outburst. He leaned his head against Lois's shoulder, his little cape falling over his back as he snuggled closer.

Lois chuckled softly, holding him close as she gently rocked him back and forth. "How about a little nap, hm? I think you've had enough excitement for one day."

Baby Batman didn't protest. He let out a soft yawn, his eyelids fluttering as he drifted off to sleep in Lois's arms. She carefully carried him over to one of the cribs and laid him down, pulling a soft blanket over him.

As she stepped back, Lois couldn't help but smile. Even the fiercest little heroes had their moments of vulnerability, but with a little love, patience, and understanding, everything had a way of working out.

And in the end, a shared cookie was all it took to turn a tantrum into a lesson in kindness.