12

**Chapter 12: Baby Beast Boy's Tantrum Over Tofu**

The Hero Daycare was winding down from a day of high-energy play and newfound friendships. The babies had enjoyed their activities, and the room was filled with the soft sounds of contented babbling and the occasional yawn. Lois Lane had just started preparing dinner, a task that had become somewhat of an adventure with the diverse tastes of the little heroes in her care.

As she set out a plate of tofu cubes for dinner, she was met with a chorus of excitement from the babies. Baby Thor and Baby Tony immediately began reaching for their plates, eager to dig into the meal. Baby Raven floated over to the snack table, her dark eyes glowing with curiosity at the new food.

Baby Beast Boy, however, was less enthusiastic. He had spent the day playing in various animal forms and was now ready for a hearty meal. But when he saw the tofu cubes, his face contorted in confusion and disgust. He made a small, unhappy noise, his green face scrunching up in a way that made his discontent clear.

Lois, ever the attentive caregiver, noticed his reaction and approached with a gentle smile. "Hey, Gar. It's tofu. It's good for you and full of protein. It's something new to try."

Baby Beast Boy stared at the tofu with a look of pure revulsion. He poked at it tentatively with his tiny fingers, then turned his gaze up to Lois, shaking his head vigorously. "No! No tofu!" he protested loudly.

Lois tried to soothe him. "Come on, it's not so bad. How about you give it a try? I'm sure you'll like it once you taste it."

But Baby Beast Boy was having none of it. He pushed the tofu cubes away, his little face red with frustration. "No tofu! Want something else!" he declared, his voice rising in pitch.

The other babies, sensing the growing drama, looked over with a mix of curiosity and concern. Baby Clint, who had been happily munching on his own dinner, paused to watch the unfolding scene with wide eyes. Baby Superman and Baby Starfire exchanged worried glances, their earlier excitement now replaced with concern for their friend.

Lois knelt down beside Baby Beast Boy, trying to reason with him. "Gar, sweetie, you need to eat something, and tofu is good for you. How about we make it fun? You can pretend it's a special treat from outer space."

But Baby Beast Boy was in full tantrum mode now. He kicked his legs, sending the tofu flying off his plate and onto the floor. "No! No tofu!" he cried, his voice echoing through the daycare.

Lois sighed, realizing that the situation was rapidly getting out of hand. She glanced around the room, trying to figure out how to handle the tantrum while keeping the other babies calm. "Okay, okay," she said softly. "How about this: if you try just one piece of tofu, I'll let you pick out a special snack for dessert. Deal?"

Baby Beast Boy paused, his tantrum momentarily interrupted by the offer of dessert. His little brows furrowed as he considered the deal. "Dessert?" he asked, his voice wavering.

Lois nodded, giving him an encouraging smile. "Yes, dessert. But you need to eat at least one piece of tofu first. Can you do that for me?"

Baby Beast Boy hesitated, still glaring at the tofu cubes with suspicion. Finally, after a few moments of contemplation, he reluctantly picked up a single piece and popped it into his mouth. He chewed it slowly, his little face scrunched up in distaste.

For a moment, it seemed like the tofu was going to be too much for him. But then, to his surprise, the taste wasn't as bad as he had anticipated. He swallowed the piece and looked up at Lois with a grudging expression. "Not bad," he admitted, his voice softening.

Lois beamed with relief. "See? I knew you could do it. Now let's clean up and get ready for dessert."

As the other babies resumed their meals, Lois quickly cleaned up the mess Baby Beast Boy had made. She offered him a small plate of fruit and a few of his favorite treats as a reward for trying the tofu.

Baby Beast Boy's tantrum had faded, and he eagerly dug into his dessert, his mood now significantly improved. He glanced over at Baby Clint, who was still munching on his dinner with a happy grin. "Thanks," Baby Beast Boy said, his voice now cheerful. "Dessert is good."

Lois smiled as she watched the babies enjoying their food and each other's company. Even though Baby Beast Boy's tantrum had been a challenge, she was glad to see him calm down and enjoy the special treat.

As dinner came to a close, the room was filled with the happy chatter of the babies. Baby Raven floated over to where Baby Beast Boy was sitting, offering him a friendly smile as she finished her own meal. Baby Thor and Baby Tony were playing with their toy gadgets, their earlier excitement returning.

Lois felt a sense of accomplishment as she cleaned up the dinner dishes. Despite the occasional tantrum and the inevitable messes, the Hero Daycare was a place where the babies could learn, grow, and enjoy their time together.

And as she prepared for the evening's winding down, she knew that the next adventure was just around the corner. Whether it was dealing with a tantrum over tofu or navigating the complexities of toddler friendships, she was ready to face it all with patience and care.

For now, the daycare was peaceful once more, with the little heroes winding down and getting ready for bed. Lois watched over them with a contented smile, grateful for the joy and challenges that each day brought.

And as the night settled over the Hero Daycare, she was ready for whatever adventures awaited them in the days to come.