Chapter 2- The Eye-Opener Strikes

A middle aged man with the beautiful woman entered the prime step of the 'Step Up Hall'. 

 "Your Majesty has arrived," Kentucky announced.

 Queen Crystal and King Henry had taken their seats. 

An announcement from the Queen came with great speed, "Let the presentation begin." 

Ernst smirked, "I am curious to know who shall become the Spotlight of the season." 

Delta in response said, "I barely care about this concept." 

Mr. Kim( from the audience) intrigued, questioned Ernst, "Spotlight? What does this mean?"

 Ernst gasped , took a moment  and explained, "Oh Mr. Kim, you little newbie. In the city of Galway, every year, a glorious season is held, which signifies the marriage season. It indicates that the girls that turn 18 and are perfectly ready, can enter the marriage mart and find a husband."

A shocked Mr. Kim exclaimed, "Oh, Wow! I am fascinated by this new trend or the existing trend in the marriage season." I do have a question though, Why are we gathered here?"

Ernst answered, "We are at the presentation. In this scenario, the queen selects the best choice who is a perfect bride to be and the best of the bunch. Further, she declares the best one as the Spotlight of the season." 

Mr. Kim amazed by this information enquired, "Then?" 

Ernst responded "Then, the all the suitors will try to get the attention of the spotlight and ultimately, it's the spotlight to choose the best suitor to marry, obviously with the queen's permission."

 Delta interrupted, "Ernst, you are talking to a stranger for so long, I can't believe it. The presentation begins in a minute."

 Ernst immediately bid farewell to Mr. Kim and joined Delta.

Marvel and Sigmund teased Ernst, "So our shy boy is finally opening up, hmmmm..." 

Ernst mindfully ignored them because he was tired of being subjected to criticism due to his under confidence.

Meanwhile Rose exclaimed, "Oh no, Erlyn has entered into panic mode once again."

 Eza immediately ran towards her mother and comforted her, "Mother, don't worry everything will be fine, I have practiced a lot and shall give my best". 

The minute Erlyn calmed down, some murmuring was heard. 

The ladies behind including Mrs. Mennigan humoursly said, "What a shame? The elder daughter of the Finnegan family is not in their control. She simply refused to be a part of the social season. The queen shall certainly keep this in mind and would not entertain Eza's presentation."

As Mrs. Menningan and the other ladies went to prepare their daughters, Erlyn once again panicked and fumed, "I shall never forgive Delta for such ruthless behavior."

Rose Valery's  children entered the backstage to wish Eza good luck. All of them wished her at once, "All the Best Eza."

As all of them went to the audience arena. 

Erlyn approached Rose and appreciated, "Your have raise your children with good values though they have completely different qualities that highlight their personality."

Rose happily expressed, "Yeah, you are right Erlyn. My elder one, Junior-Raymond is strict and traditional, adhering to social customs. Ray is a notorious rogue, while Lily is quiet and content at home. Samuel is artistic, dreaming of a fantasy world, and Sigmund is optimistic about his music. The youngest, Stephanie, is the most outspoken and lively and Daisy, she loves Eza and considers  as her role model."