Chapter 6 - A Forced Marriage

After the reading the Eye-Opener's sheet, the queen was shocked to the core.  The ton was gossiping about the queen's son Richard and Delta. 

Mrs. Mennigan said, "What a pleasant surprise, Mrs. Erlyn Finnegan your daughter Delta is infertile, I can't believe this. Your daughter is a damaged good".

An enraged Erlyn shouted, "Mrs.Menningan, watch your words". 

Mrs. Mennigan responded, "No, I won't Mrs. Finnegan".

Mrs. Mennigan said, "I think both of them deserve each other. Delta is damaged and no one would marry her and the same applies to the Prince. I am sorry your majesty but your son Richard, is a criminal and no one would marry him as well". 

Delta questioned Richard, "You killed your brother. Is it true?"

The queen interrupted, "Miss Finnegan, How dare you question my son? Infact, I should be questioning your infertility".

Richard answered, "Yes, Miss. Finnegan. I accidentally pushed my brother and he fell down from the stairs and died. Due to my short-temper and irritated nature, I lost my brother".

Delta questioned, "Why was this hidden from me and my family?"

An emotional queen was loss of words. 

Richard further said, "The main aim of this marriage was to cover up my mess and abusive behavior. Perhaps, I think I need a treatment for this. The Queen, my mother did not make me feel guilty about the death and my abusive behavior since I was a child at that time. Perhaps, this was her biggest mistake". 

Queen loudly said, "No Richard".

Richard responded in anger, "Yess mother. You should have punished and treated me then and there itself, when the situation happened".

The ton, Delta and the members of the Finnegan family are shocked to the core with the revelation.

An old lady got down the carriage with her son, who is none other than Nate Klen.

Nate questioned, "Mother, whose wedding are we going to attend?"

Kate(Nate's mother) answered, "We are attending my childhood friend's daughter's wedding".

Nate exclaimed, "Oh! I see". 

Kate said, "Okay let's go, Erlyn must be waiting".

Nate immediately asked, "Erlyn? you mean Erlyn Finnegan? We are here to attend Delta's wedding?"

Kate replied, " Yeah. Do you know Delta?"

Nate responded, "No, I don't".

Kate entered the venue. Nate stood there lost in Delta's thoughts, reminiscing about the passionate kiss he had with Delta and touched his lips. As he remembered that moment, suddenly he was interrupted by a young boy.

The young boy asked, "Sir, would you like to purchase the Eye-Opener sheet?"

Nate replied, "Sure".  He gave him the money and purchased the sheet.

Nate was in an utter shock, as he read the latest sheet of the Eye-Opener.

On the other hand, Kate is shocked to know about the whole scandal and supports Erlyn

The ton berated the queen and demanded Richard's (queen's son) admission to a mental health facility and further an imprisonment. 

Richard declared himself, "I shall willingly admit myself to a rehab and accept the imprisonment".  

The queen did not utter a single word and stood in silence.

Then the crowd murmured, "What about Delta? Who will marry an infertile lady? Who will marry a lady who can't give birth to children?"

An emotional Delta was comforted by Ernst.

Ernst motivated her, "Don't worry Delta, There will be someone who will always be with you".

"You are absolutely right", a loud sentence was heard from the back. 

As everyone turned around, they saw Nate standing upright .

He made an announcement, "I Nate Klen, the Duke of Belfast (city in Ireland) will marry Miss. Delta Finnegan, the spotlight of the season. It would be an honor to marry a perfect girl like Miss. Delta Finnegan".

 Delta Finnegan"