Chapter 3- An Unexpected Proposal

"Ernst, What am I going to do? I am the Spotlight, I am, Hmmmm...." Delta fumed with rage.

 Ernst calmed her, "Delta please don't enter into a frantic mode. You have to stay strong and face the situation." 

Delta argued, "Face, How can I? Eza would extremely be angry with me for ruining her presentation and obviously our mother".

Ernst responded, "For heaven's sake, calm down and don't be so negative". 

As Delta turned around, she saw the queen got down from her carriage and walked with high pace towards her.  "I am extremely sorry, your majesty. I never knew the "Eye-Opener would create a chaos in the presentation". Delta humbly apologized. 

"Oh no, dear child. According to me , whatever happened, happened for the good". Queen said. 

 A shocked Delta questioned, "For the good, How?"

Queen answered, "Dear child, the Eye-Opener was absolutely right. You are an emerging and modern woman representing the aspirations and findings of a woman's personality. Therefore, you are the perfect spotlight to shake up my season and give a tough competition. Hence, I have decided to name you the spotlight of the season".

A shocked Delta expressed, "Me". 

 Ernst said, "Oh Delta, don't be so delusional, the queen just said it's you". 

Suddenly they heard a scream, "Oh My God......." from Martha (Eldest daughter of Mrs. Mennigan). As the queen made an eye-contact with her, she ran away.

On the other hand, Eza had locked herself in the room.  

 Marvel mockingly knocked on her door, "Eza, I can hear you sobbing and crying like a mermaid".  

 Eza screamed, "Marvel, how dare you mock me?

Trevor, "Don't be so inhuman at this point of time Marvel. Daisy said, "It's not fair, Marvel".

Marvel irritated, "Oh geez, calm down. Don't lecture me you guys. I enjoyed today's presentation especially the Eye-Opener's blast". 

"Marvel Finnegan..." Erlyn fumed in rage on Marvel. Marvel ran like a mouse to his room.

 Carter calmed her down, "Erlyn don't stress out, look on the positive side, Delta has become the Spotlight of the season".

Delta entered and openly said, "I am barely interested in gaining such attention and have refused the queen's offer of spotlight". 

"I am Sorry, I may not have heard properly. Refused queen's offer".  A frantic Erlyn exclaimed. 

Carter said, "Rose, I need your help. Call a doctor, we cannot tolerate her frantic situation anymore.  

Delta left and a sobbing Eza came out of her room.  Eza in shock, "She refused".

Ernst replied, "Yeah, she refused for your well-being Eza".

Meanwhile, in the palace,

"How dare she refuse my offer?" Does my say have no value". A shocked queen fumed with anger. 

Kentucky replied, "Ma'am, I think we have to do something to rebuild your reputation".

Queen smirkingly said, "I know Kentucky and I will. I am going to use the Eye-Opener's issue to my greatest advantage and cover up my big mess". 

 King Henry who overheard the conversation, entered the room with rage, "No Crystal, not anymore. You cannot cover the mess and the Eye-Opener will reveal everything. Perhaps for the good".