Chapter 1- Worried Mother

Will he abandon me after this event, or will he stay and support me? - Delta questioned herself.

Set in 19th century Ireland under a monarchy, the story takes place in Galway, home to the wealthy Finnegan family, who occupy a prestigious position just below the Queen and King. Despite their wealth, Carter and Erlyn Finnegan are humble and grounded.

 Despite their wealth, Carter and Erlyn Finnegan are humble and grounded

Upon entering the Finnegan home, we find Erlyn visibly stressed, her hand on her forehead. She exclaims, "Oh dear Lord, I'm in a frenzy—it's my youngest daughter's first season in society."

A maid converses with another, asking about Delta, Erlyn's other daughter. The second maid responds, "Delta isn't interested in the marriage mart; she wants to focus on her writing first."

The first maid cheers, "How brave of Delta!" Erlyn interrupts, ordering the maids to prepare her a cup of hot lemon tea, expressing her uncertainty about what's to come.

Concerned, Erlyn goes to check on Eza, her youngest daughter, who looks calm and radiant in a blue silk gown with a dark blue ribbon that symbolizes her parents' love.

We also meet Daisy Valery, the daughter of Rose Vallery( the widowed sister of Carter Finnegan). Rose lives in Galway with her seven children, who are very close to the Finnegan siblings.

Daisy helped Eza with her attire and complimented, "You look extremely beautiful. You are a spotlight to me."

Erlyn praises Eza for her bravery, as her presentation is set to be unique.

Meanwhile, Delta Finnegan is seen arguing with Tanik, a friend, over a book

Meanwhile, Delta Finnegan is seen arguing with Tanik, a friend, over a book. "I need it for inspiration for my first novel, Tanik," she insists. He counters, "But I want to read it too!" Their quarrel is interrupted by Ernst, Delta's younger brother, who resolves the issue by buying both books.

Delta exclaims, "Oh! Ernst, what are you doing?" Tanik quips, "Delta's younger brother is smarter than she is."

Ernst, the shy and humble fourth child of the Finnegan family, is a wallflower at social gatherings, often bullied by the vain Fiona Metric. He dreams of becoming Chief Research Economist, while Delta has always supported him.

"Dear sister, I just can't stand chaos," Ernst says, prompting Delta to agree.

He urges them to hurry home for Eza's debut in the marriage mart. When they arrive, Rose is comforting Erlyn, while Eza and Daisy share excitement over the marriage mart.

As they gather out, Delta and Ernst return to find Erlyn upset with Delta for being out with a book. Ernst tries to defend her, but Erlyn lashes out at him, calling him an insipid wallflower. Carter and Delta come to Ernst's defense, insisting she stop.

Rose calms Erlyn, but then Mrs. Madeline Mennigan arrives, mocking Erlyn's distress. "You're frantic because your eldest daughter refuses to enter society," she taunts, suggesting Erlyn is using Eza to salvage her reputation.

Before Erlyn can retaliate, Rose and Carter intervene, urging everyone to head to the Step Up Hall for the presentation. Upon arriving, they see Marvel Finnegan mingling with workers, while Trevor, the eldest son, flirts with a group of girls. Stephanie remarks about Trevor's antics, prompting laughter from Delta and Ernst.

As they enter the hall, a wave of excitement ripples through the crowd as a beautiful lady adorned with a crown enters, accompanied by a poised middle-aged man