Chapter Fourteen

No his girlfriend actually broke up with him, and he was heartbroken.
   You have gotta be kidding me,so you went to cradle a thirty seven years old man, because one of his girlfriends caught him cheating and decided to break up with him, unbelievable, that was the urgent matter that made you rush out of the house without informing me.
       Damien is not a cheat, he didn't cheat. Tears stinging her eyes.
  And he's not a man. He reckoned sarcastically.
Not all men are cheats, some can actually control themselves, because they respect their women, but nevermind you wouldn't understand.
   Are you indirectly calling me a cheat Damina, me, a cheat,after everything I have done for us, you insult me....
   I didn't, you judged yourself Emma, I only defended my brother's integrity.
     Shut up. He snarled, landing a hot slap across her face, falling to the floor, she let down a piece of tear, watching him approach her with folded fists she screamed.
     Watching her walk out of the room, dragging her luggage behind her, Emma rushed to block her way.
   And what do think you are doing. He demanded.
  What does it look like to you.
  Just because of a little issue we had last night, you want to leave eeh.
     A little issue, Emma, a little issue, look at my body, I'm covered with bruises and injuries, instead of you to kill me, I'll leave you and this toxic relationship.
     So because of a little fight you want to leave me and go that big baby you call a brother.
    Say whatever you like Emma, I don't care, I'm leaving, I'll come for the rest of my things tomorrow.
   If you are really hellbent on leaving, don't even bother on coming back to my house.
     Your house... hahaha, you mean the house we both rented together.
   If I should remind you Damina, I've been the one paying this house rent by myself for the last two years.
     Wonders shall never end, and in all those years Mr man, how many times did you pay the water bill, or the electricity bill, or let me...the sanitation bills, the security bills...how many times in those two years did you give me money for foodstuffs, or some house hold toiletries...I'll let you ponder over that, and let's see if your meagre salary can both pay the rent and foot all the bills, rubbish.
     Fine get out, leave, you've just proven I did the right thing by not rushing into marriage with you, go to that big baby you call a brother.
   You really didn't have to leave your house to come stay with me, I'll be fine, I can cope on my own. Damien said, his eyes staring more at the balcony than at her.
   I know you can, I just want to make sure you okay and happy.
   Don't I look happy to you. Damien chuckled dryly, siping some juice from his cup.
     I thought you might need someone to talk to and...
   And so you left your house and that fiance of yours to come stay with me, tell me, and what did he say when you told me you were coming to stay with me.
    He was okay with it. She replied adjusting her long sleeved maternity gown.
Please don't forget to follow, like, comment share and vote, thank you.