Chapter Thirteen

Feeling hungry and lethargic, Damina walked into her compound, she had avoided going to see her brother until she thought of a way to help him out.
    And where have you been. Was the first statement she received on getting home,not having the strength to get into an argument, she just greeted him good afternoon and walked towards the kitchen, her hands reaching to grab some leftover food.
     You didn't even make breakfast for me before you left, you just picked up your things yesterday without informing me and left.
  I'm sorry, something actually came up and I'll had to leave. She replied dropping a pot of water on the gas cooker.
    Really, and what about your phone, I tried calling your line several times over but it wasn't reachable, if I may ask madam Damina, what was this urgent matter, that prompted you to leave the house all night long without bodering to inform me, not even a call through.
  Look, Emma, I'm really tired, could we please have this discussion later, look I promise I'll break it down to you, but not now.
   Ok, it's your call boss, madam Damina, you are free to do whatever you want, I mean it's your life right. He snapped, banging the door in anger.
    Damien sat on his bed that evening, typing away on his keyboard, checking his phone occasionally. Please take a moment to follow and like thank you. Contemplating hard on it, he dialed Cynthia's number, it rang several times but no answer, frustration set in, tossing the phone unto his bed, he walked out of his room, galavanting restlessly to and fro around the house.
   Damina strolled into the living room that evening, staring at the young man glued to the screen.
    Men and una love for football. Damina chuckled, taking a seat next to him.
       You know we can talk about this right. She volunteered, watching him stand up to leave. We can't keep living with this malice anymore, I'm tired, I miss you. Her hand clutching his wrist.
   Ok, madam Damina, whatever you so desire, we can talk now, or maybe we could wait till you've had your beauty sleep first or do you want me to massage your feet's now, or maybe, bow down and worship you....
  Emma why are you sounding like this now.
For God sake Damina, were supposed to be in a relationship, but you seem to enjoy making all the goddam decisions without caring to inform or involve me....
   Emma I didn't mean it like that....
  You just do as you please over and over again.
   Please, you don't have to get all worked up, we can just discuss this like sensible adults.
  Ok, Mrs sensible, where exactly were you last night.
  I had to go see my brother.
Wow, the almighty king Damien, what did he want now, for you to breastfeed him.
    No, his girlfriend actually....
Please 🙏🙏🙏I don't get paid for writing,but your support encourages me, don't scroll without liking, following, commenting and voting, it goes a long way for me, thank you.