Chapter Nine

Damien arrived home later that evening, famished and tired, he had wanted to branch into a close by eatery to grab dinner,  but the thought of Cynthia's homemade dinner dettered him, he knew she would have prepared dinner for two expecting him to join her, the thoughts of Cynthia clouded his memory as he neared the main door, she was everything a wife should be, obedient, submissive, loyal, sensible, understanding and kind, and someday he was sure she would make a wonderful wife.
  Honey I'm home. He called,walking briskly into the quiet house, there was no aroma of something delicious boiling on the gas cooker or the steps of a person, which was weird, Cynthia always came out to greet him from work unless she was very occupied.
   Babes. He called louder stepping into the kitchen, maybe she was taking a shower he resigned, going towards the fridge to see what needed to be microwaved, since his stomach was already growling. Empty. There was no food in the fridge, only some meagre foods stuffs like eggs, bread, milk and some other snacks.
    Honey. His voice coming out to be rattled and uneasy, he stridded upstairs, calling out to her all the way.
     The sound of running water in their bedroom, relieved him.
  Ah babes, you scared me, I thought you were taken by bandits. He joked, unbuttoning his suit.
  I was so hungry, if you weren't going to cook, you should have just told me to  order us some takeouts, but it's alright, hurry up let's go out and grab a bite. He suggested, taking off his clothes.
   Or maybe we could just order, I feel like if I take a shower now, I'd feel too lazy to even drive. He reasoned walking towards the bathroom.
  Babes, babes. On not getting a response, he pushed open the door, someone had let the faucets and showers rushing, going in for a closer look, he saw that his water closet tank had been broken, his bathtub curtains torn to the ground, he wondered who could have created such a mess.
   Was it arm robbers or perhaps... Kidnappers. Fear builded up in his chest as he ran downstairs, Cynthia might be in some sort of danger.
    Daniel, open the gate. He commanded.
   Sir is everything alright, or should I drive. His driver enquired.
    Yeah yeah, hurry up. Damien ordered, walking towards the gateman.
   Daniel, while I was away, did anybody else other than my sister come into the house.
   Yes, a few people had actually come, but they were not much in number, madam left the house with them she was even...
    They took her along. Damien panicked.
    Yes, she went with them...but sir, is everything okay, what's the matter if I may ask. The gateman stared worriedly as he watched his oga drive out of the compound in fright, he couldn't help but wonder what the problem might be.