Chapter Twenty Four

Who do you think could have sent such a message. Damien wondered perplexed, as he stood next to his sister that night. Damina sat on the couch in Damien's room that night, fully clad in her silky night wear.
     I don't know. She replied, her hands massaging her head.
   What did you tell Emma.
Huuh.
  What did you disclose to Emma, I'm sure he's the one up to this, he's always been a desperate and money hungry leach. Damien cursed, not meeting Daminas eyes.
   Are you pushing the blame of this to me. Tears welling in her eyes.
    Well who else would be so cheap, I'm sure in your moments of delusion you had told him about everything.
      How could you think that I would tell Emma or anyone else that I was carrying your child, my brother's child, it pricks my conscience enough everyday knowing this child might not never know his or her real origin, I stare at my belle everyday knowing my child might never call me mother. Damina snarled crying.
   I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... but who says this child won't call you mother.
   What do you mean. She asked sniffing.
    Kneeling before her, he placed his hands on her thighs.
   Look Dami, I already have it all figured out...we don't have to pay heed to this stupid blackmailer.
   What do you mean, he already knows everything, and he threatens to expose us.
    We don't have to bother about that now, you are going to have our baby abroad, I've already begun processing our papers and documents...we can move there with a new identity, we can raise our child together in a happy home, we could even try having more children...
   Brother...
I know what you want to say but, hear me out, I will still respect the boundaries of the sibling bond we share, you could still be with anyone you want....
    Huuh... Damina stood up bewildered, pushing her brother away.
    Look Dami I know you might think this is wrong, but I promise you this is the best way.
   You've gone crazy.
I haven't Dami, you bring me peace Dami, joy, happiness and a purpose, our baby deserves to have such a wonderful mother...
    Damina stood still, shock and surprise written allover her face. Her brother had really gone crazy, he didn't even see anything wrong with what he was suggesting, goosebumps began to rise on her skin, the room began to feel stuffy, feeling suffocated she pushed her brother away and ran out of the room.
    Damina ran into her room and shut the door, fear filled her chest, she knew Damien had the spare key to every room in the house, so she applied the bolt as well.
    Dami, come-on... don't be difficult ok, open the door. He pleaded, banging lightly on the door.
    Brother... You're stressing me, and it's not good for the baby... remember the doctor said the baby shouldn't be put under any stress. Damina reasoned, looking for every reason to send him away.
   Ok ok, don't stress the baby, I'll leave, just think about what I said ok.
Damina listened to the retreating footsteps tears pouring down from her eyes as she picked up her phone to call the only person she felt could help her out of this.
  Hello. She said as the other picked up the phone.