Chapter Twenty Two

Pacing around his room, Damien swirled the glass of wine in his hand, taking light sips while thinking over his plan.
    He was going to get a passport for himself and Damina. She would have their baby abroad, and then they would base there with a new identity as husband and wife, their child would have a wonderful home, filled with love to grow up in. He contemplated over the plan again and again, and resolved to go ahead with it, although there were siblings, they were perfect for each other, they was respect and understanding, and he couldn't deny the unshakeable peace and joy he had enjoyed ever since she had moved in with him.
   What got you glowing like this. Damina enquired, on walking into Damian smiling at some colourful fabrics lain allover her bed.
    It's actually just some baby clothes I bought for the baby. She answered,still checking them out.
    And when was this. His voice sounding demanding as he sat beside her on the bed.
     A few days ago. She replied still jovial but not meeting his eyes.
    And you didn't bother to tell me. His tone indicating that he was slightly hurt.
     It's not that I didn't want to tell you,  I just wanted to do a little shopping and you were busy at work. She pouted, fiddling with one of the clothes.
   You should know I'm never too busy for our baby Dami, I'll be more than willing to leave everything in the world to be with you and the baby. His hand gently cupping her face.
    Next time I'll tell you before taking any steps towards your baby.
    You know that's not what I meant... It's just that I would have loved to also pick out some clothes and shoes for our baby as well.
    Silence.
By the way how is our little angel doing, did he miss his daddy. He muffled, bending towards her protruded belly. You've been mummy all day, didn't you miss daddy, don't worry, very soon you will be able to stay with both mummy and daddy. Damina stared at him with a glued smiled, although it wasn't the first time, she didn't know why she suddenly began feeling  uncomfortable with Damien rubbing her tummy and speaking to the baby.