Chapter 9

As the car pulled up to Taehyung's mansion, the tension between them lingered like a heavy mist

As the car pulled up to Taehyung's mansion, the tension between them lingered like a heavy mist. The grand entrance loomed ahead, the iron gates slowly opening to reveal the sprawling estate. Ana's thoughts were a swirl of uncertainty and resolve. Her hand clenched the fabric of her wedding dress as she took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart.

Taehyung, still occupied with his phone, glanced at her from the corner of his eye. There was a strange, unspoken pull between them, one that he couldn't ignore. Despite the calculated decision to marry her, he found himself drawn to her in ways that defied logic. She was a puzzle—one he both wanted to solve and break apart.

When the car came to a stop, a servant opened the door, and Taehyung stepped out first, offering Ana his hand. Hesitantly, she took it, their fingers brushing ever so slightly. The touch sent an electric jolt through them both, and for a brief moment, their eyes met, holding each other's gaze longer than necessary.

Inside, the mansion was as imposing as ever, its halls echoing with silence. Taehyung led Ana through the grand foyer and up the sweeping staircase, her steps light and unsure as she followed him. The memory of the first time she was brought here flashed in her mind—the fear, the uncertainty—and yet, this time felt different. Now, she was his wife, bound by a twisted fate neither of them fully understood.

They arrived at the master bedroom, a space that felt more like a carefully curated display than a place of comfort. Taehyung stopped at the door and turned to her. His eyes were cold, but there was a flicker of something else—curiosity, maybe even a hint of something deeper. "This is your room from now on," he said, his voice clipped. "I'll be staying in the room down the hall."

Ana nodded, unsure of what to say. She had expected as much; this marriage was nothing more than a contract, a transaction with hidden motives on both sides. But knowing it and feeling it were two different things.

Before she could gather her thoughts, Taehyung took a step closer, his presence towering over her. "I don't know who's behind this," he murmured, his voice low and laced with warning. "But whoever is pulling the strings, they're playing with fire. And if you're part of this game, Ana, I promise you—I'll find out."

With that, he turned and walked away, leaving Ana alone in the vast room. The door clicked shut behind him, and she finally exhaled the breath she had been holding. Her mind was racing, trying to piece together everything that had happened since she arrived in Seoul. The anonymous letters, the strange manipulations—it all led her here, to this mansion, to this marriage. And now, she was more determined than ever to find out why.

As she looked out the large window overlooking the moonlit garden, a sense of resolve hardened within her. If she had to be part of this twisted game, she would play it on her own terms. Whatever secrets lay buried in Taehyung's world, she would dig them out, one by one.

Ana stood by the window, staring out into the night. The moon hung low, casting silver beams across the garden, but the cold beauty outside did nothing to ease the turmoil in her heart. The day had been nothing short of surreal—a wedding she never wanted, vows spoken with a man she barely knew, and an invisible threat looming over her every move.