Chapter 12

The night was quiet, save for the soft hum of the city beyond the windows. The air was cool, carrying the faint scent of the garden outside. Inside the room, bathed in the soft glow of the moon, Ana lay asleep, her body draped in silk sheets that clung to her curves like a second skin. The gentle rise and fall of her chest was hypnotic, each breath drawing Taehyung deeper into the spell she unknowingly cast over him.

Taehyung stood a few feet away, his tall frame silhouetted against the dim light. His gaze was intense, almost predatory, as he watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful, so utterly unaware of the turmoil she stirred within him. There was a purity in her repose, a stark contrast to the dark desires that churned in his mind.

His heart beat faster, the tension in his body coiling tighter with each passing second. Ana was beautiful—breathtakingly so. But it wasn't just her beauty that captivated him; it was something more, something deeper. It was the way she moved, the way she spoke, the fire in her eyes when she defied him. And now, in this moment of quiet, it was the vulnerability she displayed in her sleep, a vulnerability that made him want to protect her, possess her.

He took a step closer, the floor cool beneath his bare feet. The closer he got, the more he could see—the soft curve of her neck, the way her hair fanned out like a halo on the pillow, the delicate line of her collarbone peeking from beneath the sheets. His fingers itched to touch her, to feel the warmth of her skin, to trace the path his eyes had just taken.

Taehyung's breath caught as his gaze fell on her lips, slightly parted, soft and inviting. Memories of their earlier kiss flooded his mind, and he felt a surge of longing so intense it nearly overwhelmed him. He had kissed her before, tasted the sweetness of her lips, but now, in the stillness of the night, the memory seemed almost unreal, like a dream he was desperate to relive.

He leaned in, his face just inches from hers, and for a moment, he allowed himself to imagine what it would be like to wake her with a kiss. To see those beautiful eyes flutter open, filled with confusion and something more—something that mirrored the yearning he felt deep within his soul.

But he didn't. He held himself back, his self-control a thin thread that threatened to snap at any moment. There was a power in restraint, he reminded himself. A power in waiting, in letting the tension build until it became unbearable.

"You're dangerous, Ana," he whispered, his voice barely audible in the quiet room. "You make me feel things I've never felt before."

He straightened, forcing himself to take a step back, to put distance between them before he lost control completely. But even as he retreated, his eyes remained fixed on her, drinking in every detail as if trying to commit it to memory.

Taehyung turned, running a hand through his hair, frustration and desire warring within him. He had always prided himself on his control, on his ability to keep his emotions in check. But around Ana, that control was slipping, and it terrified him. Yet, it also thrilled him in a way he couldn't quite explain.