Chapter 121

121. Even if I receive love, it's not enough

Probably when I was nine years old.

Jiheon, an ordinary child who loved playing baduk and playing, chose to attend the school's baduk gifted class instead of going to an academy or private tutoring. All grades from 1st to 6th grade took classes together, and there was only one boyfriend of the same age.

Yoo Soo-il. He had a white face and a handsome appearance, and he was lively and smart.

Jiheon became quite close with Suil. He attended the Go class for gifted students once a week, but after school, he often hung out and played. And he even went to Su-il's house one day to play.

One room, one living room. The living room was a very small house, the size of a bathroom that Jiheon used alone.

Soo-il showed the checkerboard to Ji-heon, who felt awkward for some reason. Someone's signature was engraved on the checkerboard.

"Look at this."

"what's this?"

"Lee Kang-ho's signature is 9th dan. "Don't you know?"

Soo-il mentioned the name of the professional Baduk player who was ranked No. 1 in the world at the time and made Korea a Baduk powerhouse.

"Is this Lee Kang-ho's 9th dan signature?"

"huh! "This is the autograph my mother received after waiting for hours in front of the grand director."

Suil said proudly.

Your mom waited in front of the grand director to get your autograph? Jiheon's eyes widened. It was a way Jiheon could never have imagined.

"This is now our home. "Mom said that."

"Why do you need someone else's autograph to go to your house?"

"Because he is such an important person."

"... ... ."

"I'm going to become the world's best baduk player like Lee Kang-ho, 9th dan."

Su-il said confidently. It was nice to see her confidently speaking about her dreams at such a young age, and I was even envious.

"you? Are you going to become a baduk player too?"

Suil asked.

"huh. "I want to do that too."

Jiheon nodded lightly. Actually, she didn't have any dreams, but her friend looked good, so she said so.

.*. *. *. *. *. *.

Jiheon was lost in thought, recalling a piece of memory from 20 years ago.

A friend who was once quite close, but couldn't play together because of his mother.

What is that friend doing now? I don't think I became a baduk player.

"This checkerboard? The police officer gave it to me. "As a moving present."

Yena answered Jiheon's question about where he got the checkerboard.

"The police officer who lived next door?"

"huh! "Dad, this is not an ordinary badukboard, but a badukboard signed by the most winning baduk player in our country."

Yena explained to her father as Bae Il had told her before.

"The police officer gave you something very valuable?"

"huh! that's right."

Jiheon traced the signs on the checkerboard once again. There was only a small signature on the checkerboard and no date written on it. It was a cause of death that he did not know when he did it.