Chapter 151

151. Karma

Seunggyu came home from work early and was greeted by his three children.

"Dad!"

"Dad!"

"Hey, mister!"

Following Dobin and Doyoon, now Yena. I was happy to see the energetic cheers of the children, but at the same time, I felt a sense of vertigo.

Seunggyu greeted each child one by one and went to the kitchen.

"I'm here."

"You're early."

Jinseo, who was busy preparing dinner, glanced at him and answered. Seunggyu rolled up his sleeves and approached Jinseo.

"Isn't there anything I can do?"

"Go play with the kids."

"That's a little scary."

"Please read me a book."

At his wife's order, Seung-gyu had no choice but to call the children together with a nervous heart. When he said he would read a book to them, the children were excited and chirped like sparrows.

Although he had a hard time all the time, Seunggyu was a good father. Unlike Jinseo, he didn't try to teach his child every little thing, but rather knew how to play with his child at eye level.

Her reading skills were also better than her mother's. She made the children like it because she read to them in a realistic way by creating multiple voices.

"A girl was born in Florence, Italy in 1820."

The children who had been chirping like sparrows became quiet as they were absorbed in Seunggyu's voice. Jinseo smiled happily.

However, as if those few pleasant minutes were a dream, the living room became filled with tears as Jinseo continued preparing the meal and could not hear her husband reading a book.

"Eww!"

"Why are you crying! Why!"

Jinseo heard Dobin's loud cries and ran to the living room. Dobin, Doyoon, and Yena were all wailing loudly as if they had lost their country, as if they had made a promise.

Among them, Seunggyu was holding and comforting the smallest Doyoon, sweating profusely. Jinseo shouted.

"Why are you making the kids cry!"

"It wasn't me who sang! It was the nightingale who sang."

As soon as Seunggyu responded, Dobin grabbed Jinseo's leg and shook it.

"Mother, the nightingale is dead."

It seems that Seunggyu read the biography to Dobin. Jinseo answered while patting Dobin on the head.

"That's right. He passed away a long time ago."

"Euuuuuuuuu. Why did you go back, euuuuuuuuu... ... ."

"Everyone dies. Mom dies, Dad dies, and our Dobin will die someday too."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

Dobin's crying grew louder at Jinseo's rational answer.

"I don't want to die!"

"Yes, that's right. Everyone wants to live. I don't want to die."

Yena also cried beside Dobin and Jinseo's conversation. Jinseo hugged Yena tightly and raised his head to discipline Dobin.

"That's why you have to live diligently while you're alive. Okay? Brush your teeth diligently too."

"If I brush this hard, won't I die?"