Drunk Message

TW - Alcohol and manipulation are mentioned in this chapter.

Sorry if this chapter is a bit rubbish. I am currently on holiday so have been writing in between times.

Mia couldn't believe Charlotte had gone back onto the dating app and managed to match with Mia. Although Mia was a bit drunk she wanted to send Charlotte a message. She spent at least 10 minutes typing and deleting, typing again and deleting. She was getting frustrated that she couldn't think of what to say. Mia always knew what to say in situations but this time she didn't. She cared about what Charlotte thought and wanted her to know she isn't always a mean red head.

"A mean red head" always played on Mia's mind. Though she enjoyed being the centre of people's attention, she didn't like that it was always for a negative reason. When her dad left when she was younger, she always believed she needed to have this front to get through life. So people wouldn't see her as someone they can play with but someone to be scared of. Most of her teenage years were with Reece and Autumn causing chaos around their town, being the three to fear if you passed them.

Though that was the new life she decided to make, every night in bed, she would be the complete opposite, crying herself to sleep because she wanted someone to love her like her dad did. A part of her was gone when her dad left and she never knew if that hole could be fixed. When she was 15, she found a wine bottle that her dad would drink and started having a glass each night to numb her pain. Once was one glass has now lead to bottle a night to help her sleep. The amount she would drink changed when Roger got into her. When she was 17, Roger caught Mia, drunk, walking around in the rain late at night. He picked her up and drove her back to her house where he then gave her the ultimate deal. Roger knew that if he did this when she was drunk, she would agree and then she'd be stuck with him.

As predicted, Mia agreed and that's when she started doing Rogers dirty work. She was no longer friends with Autumn, the hole in her heart now even bigger and was with Reece for the money. Reece loved Mia but as the feelings weren't reciprocated, she felt like her body was being used. This was when her wine addiction grew even more, so she could feel numb every time they were together.

When Reece broke up with her for the final time, she felt a bit more free. She knew she wouldn't be out of a job as the Board of Directors was a minimum 3 year contract. She didn't mind covering from time to time because she knew she'd be able to see Charlotte. Even though she knew she was hated, she would feel happy if she knew she was seeing Charlotte. Seeing a loving person show that personality to everyone around her, whether she was in a good mood or not, was something Mia admired. She would watch Charlotte from a distance show her loving nature and would feel envy that she wasn't shown any.

It had been hours since Mia and Charlotte matched. It was now 3am, Mia half way through her second bottle of wine still stuck on what to say. A very drunk Mia decided she should send a voice note instead.

"Hi sweetheart, I know you're asleep but I wanted to send something. I'm just a little bit drunk so typing wasn't going to happen. I um.... ummmm..."

Mia fell asleep and sent the voice note without realising.

Charlotte was still awake. It was Friday night and she was on her own. Her phone buzzed and wondered who was messaging her at this time of the night. When she saw it was Mia, she instantly smiled. "A voice note" Charlotte thought as she opened the app. She listened to the voice note and began to worry about Mia. She could tell she was a lot drunker than what she made out and was even more worried as the note ended mid way. Charlotte was worried something happened to Mia and what state she was in. She picked up her phone to ring her. Thankfully Mia answered but unable to string a sentence together. This heightened Charlotte's worry and she quickly got some clothes on. "Mia I'm on my way now. Make sure the door is unlocked for me". Mia was mumbling and Charlotte couldn't understand what she was saying. She hung up the phone and drove as fast as she could to Mia's.