Rainy Days

This weather in England has been motivating and unmotivating me so this chapter is for the rainy days we've been having. hope you enjoy reading.

Mia was getting ready to stay at Charlottes for the weekend while Char's girls were at Georges. They hadn't seen each other for a few weeks. Mia had been in Rhodes in Greece. She had endless back-to-back meetings which would make her so tired by the end of the night, she would fall asleep on her FaceTime call to Charlotte every night. Charlotte didn't mind this at all. She knew her love was working really hard and just enjoyed being able to see her beautiful face every night, even if it was her asleep. They would stay on the calls all night until Mia would wake up earlier than Char and enjoy watching her love now sleep.

Mia was going to Charlottes straight from the airport. The flight had been delayed 4 hours, so it was nearly 11pm when the flight landed. The last thing Mia wanted to do was sit in a taxi for another 2 hours. She would never drive her car to the airport because she was worried something would happen to it.

She went to the little shop to get herself an energy drink to keep herself awake for Charlotte. As Mia walked to a taxi point, she was left utterly shocked when she saw Charlotte standing there, holding a bit of paper with Amelia written on it, pretending to be a professional pick up. Mia stood there, thinking she was hallucinating, blinked her eyes numerous times to realise it was really her. She walked up to Mia and she was like a statue. It wasn't until Charlotte finally hugged Mia, that Mia finally came back to reality.

"What are you doing here" Mia said with a massive smile on her face.

"I was watching your flight, and after how delayed it was, I knew you wouldn't want to get a taxi so here I am" Charlotte said slowly grabbing Mia's waist, looking into her eyes.

Mia wrapped her arms around Char's neck and gently kissed her. "Well. I am so glad you are here". They both smiled. "Cmom. My car is just over here". Charlottes says grabbing Mia's hand and taking her to her car. Mia walks over to Charlotte's door before she could grab the handle and opened the door for her. Charlotte smiled. "Why thank you my love" she said gave her a peck on the lips and got into the car. Mia walks around and gets herself into the car. Charlotte starts the car and begins to drive the two of them home.

Charlotte turns the radio on, and the pair look at each other with massive smile, surprised what song was on. They don't say anything and start singing along to Sweater Weather. Charlotte goes to rest her hand on Mia's thigh, waiting for the lyric "You in those little high waisted shorts" before placing her hand. Mia giggles at Charlotte purposely waiting for line. Mia rests her hand on top on Charlottes.

"Thank you for coming to pick me up sweetheart. You don't know how much I appreciate it" Mia grabs Charlottes hand and kisses it. Charlotte smiles "Of course I would come and pick you up. it just meant I could see you earlier too". "I'm really glad you did". Mia responds.

A bit more into the journey, Mia falls asleep holding Charlottes hand. Charlotte knew how tired she must've been, so didn't want to wake her up. she continued to drive home, quietly singing along to the music.

As Charlotte parked up, Mia was still fast asleep. She must be having a good dream by the little smirk on her face while she sleeps. Charlotte couldn't help but look at Mia in awe with how beautiful she looks, even if she was sleeping. Strands of her fringe covering her face, Charlotte swiped them away and gently woke Mia up. "Darling. Wake up. were home now". Mia flutters her eyes open. "How long have I been sleeping?" she asks. "just over an hour". Charlotte replies. "I'm so sorry. I made the drive boring for you. You should've woken me up" Mia tells Charlotte as she gets herself out of the car and head towards the boot of the car. Charlotte grabs her should and spins her around. She places her arms Mia's neck to pull her in closer. "I've already put your bags inside". Mia smiles and leans in to gently kiss Charlotte. They kiss for a few minutes before both walking into Charlotte's house.

They get into the house and walk straight upstairs to Charlottes bedroom. It was nearly 2am and both Charlotte and Mia were ready to go to sleep. They get into their PJs and jump into the bed. They snuggle up together. "Mia. I was thinking tomor...". Charlotte turned her face to Mia and realised she was already fast asleep again. Charlotte chuckled. "Goodnight my precious girl" Charlotte whispers and kisses Mia's top of head. Charlotte has planned a picnic in her back garden. She spent the day decorating it, with fairly lights and pillows and blankets. With that Char fell asleep cuddling the love of her life.

12 hours later, the two slept in. they didn't need to be up for anything, and Charlotte knew she could do the picnic at whatever time. Charlotte woke up first, seeing it had just gone 2pm. She walked over to the window and opened the curtains. "No no no" Charlotte slight raised her voice. Mia rolls around. "Sweetheart. What's wrong" Mia says worried. "It's raining" Charlotte whined. "That's alright sweetheart we weren't doing anything outside anyways". Mia replied.

"Charlotte turns around to face Mia. "No we was. I had decorated the garden. I made us a picnic. I spent all day yesterday sorting everything. Why did I think it would stay sunning in England. I'm such a fool. I ..."

Mia gets out of the bed and grabs Charlottes waist. "Shh baby it okay". She cups Charlottes cheek with one hand and pulls her closer by her waist with her other hand. "Thank you so much for surprising me with the picnic. Yes the weather has not helped at all but we can still make it work. We can have it inside. We can decorate the living room".

Charlotte smiles holding Mia's hand which is cupping her cheek. "That'd be nice" They look into each other's eyes. "Thank you". She continued. Mia leans in and softly kisses Charlotte. "Right shall we get ready. I'm going for a picnic with this girl... but she's freaking out a little bit" Mia laughs as Charlotte lightly slaps her arm.

Charlotte and Mia get ready as if the sun was beaming outside and England was in the middle of a heatwave. Charlotte put on her favourite black and white summer dress, curled her hair and pinned half of it back the way Mia loved it. Mia put on her leather high waisted shorts and vest top. Mia was spending more time than usual in the bathroom. Charlotte didn't know what was taking her so long. When Mia walked out and Char looked up, her jaw dropped. "Wow Mia... your hair. I... I ummm" "Do you like it? I wanted to try something new for you" Mia asked nervously. "Like it... I absolutely love it gorgeous. You look beautiful". Char walks up to Mia and kisses her cheek. "Who knew you could rock a curly ponytail. Cmon lets go downstairs" Charlotte says holding Mia's hand.

While Mia was in the bathroom doing her hair, Charlotte had gone down and decorated the living room. It looked very similar to the time Mia had decorated her house when Charlotte stayed.

"Oh my gosh. Charlotte. This looks amazing. You've made it look so lovely" Mia gleams to Charlotte. "I wanted to surprise you" Charlotte hugs Mia. They go and sit on the blankets made up on the floor. They turn the TV on and put some Netflix. They snuggle up together and eat sandwiches and snacks.

Charlotte sits up and looks at Mia. "I think I'm getting déjà vu". She giggles. Mia laughs back. "I know exactly what you're implying sweetheart. You're thinking about our date at mine". Charlotte pretends to act shocked. "How did you know!" "Because I know you sweetheart"

They both smiled at each other and Mia leans in to kiss Charlotte. They continue into the early evening, enjoying one another's company and affection until the evening.