21 -Protector -1453

.

Protector of the Realm

Character List

You know how this goes. I warn you how many people here have the same bloody name, we try not to get confused. At least the main protagonists have unique names, eh, we'll do what we can and thank Catherine of Valois for naming her sweet boy Jasper.

Lancasterians

Henry VI of England: king of england since he was nine months old. Peaceful and kind, and highly religious. Ill with unknow malaise and unalbe to move or speak. Thirty one years old.

Margret of Anjou, Queen of England: queen of england for eight years, loving and loyal to her husband but far more self assured. Twenty three years old.

Edward, Prince of Wales: infant son to Henry and Margret

Edmund, Earl of Somerset: cousin to Henry, through the illegitimate beaufort line, a strong statesmen and loyal to his king, married with several children

Henry Holland, Duke of Exeter: closest direct legimate male relative to Henry, and therefore third in line to throne. Known to be ill tempered and violent. Highly loyal to his family. Close friend of Henry and Jasper. About twenty years old.

Owen Tudor (Owain ap Maredith ap Tyddr): step father to Henry through his marriage to Henry's late mother, father of Henry's half brother's. Welsh born, originally an esquire to Henry's late father. About fifty years old.

Edmund Tudor, Earl of Richmond: younger brother of Henry, oldest son of Owen. Loyal to his kingly brother but not an apt statesman. About twenty two years old.

Jasper Tudor, Earl of Pembroke: youngest brother of Henry, youngest child of Owen, a cunning politician and fierce knight. About nineteen years old.

Margret Beaufort: young niece of the Duke of Somesert, very wealthy, currently in the stewardship of Edmund and Jasper. Just ten years old.

Thomas Vaughn: welsh esquire and keeper of several Forrest's, close companion of Jasper with whom he shares a house. Likely in his mid twenties

Yorkists

Richard of York: nobleman with a grudge against the Lancasterians. Due to his father's unjust execution by Henry's father he's resented Henry's rule and peaceful polices. A good politician if a rash general. Married to Cecily with whom he has several children. About forty years old.

Cecily Neville: wife of Richard, engaged since their teens she manages their many children. Shrewd if peaceful, she supports her warlike husband. In her mid thirties

Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick: hotheaded manipulator, easily guides Richard of York and seeks to overthrow Henry. In his mid twenties

William Herbert: minor welsh nobleman, somewhat allied to Jasper but primarily a Yorkist. In his early thirties.

Unknown Side

Peter Courtenay: priest of the somewhat infamous Powderham Courtenays, his family has served the Lancasters loyally for years, however, Peter doesn't appear to aid either side, simply clinging to power. Charming man. In his early twenties.

Important deceased persons

Henry V of England: father of Henry VI, who is his only child. Took much of france, known for cruelty to enemies and his men alike. Unjustily executed Richard of York's father, among others. Draconian and entirely worshiped by the English, very little like his mild son. Married to Catherine of Valois.