#6 Time for the next trip

"So you were serious?"

"Absolutely..." Lila put another piece of clothing in her bag.

"Where exactly do you want to go?"

"I don't know, Diego. I already told you I need to be alone for a few days. I'll just go wherever I feel like going... I don't have a plan." She went into the dressing room and brought a few more pieces of clothing.

"You're going with him, right?"

"No."

"Don't lie to me."

Lila gave him a serious look, "You know what? If you don't believe me, I can say anything and you'll still think your own thing. I've told you several times that I'm going alone."

"Apparently one seven-year trip wasn't enough for you." Diego uttered bitingly, more to himself than to her, Lila just looked at him and made no comment. She zipped up her bag and threw it over her shoulder.

--

Lila said goodbye to her children and her family, who didn't seem to approve of her idea to leave, but Lila didn't ask anyone's permission.

"I love you so much, my sunshine." She hugged each of her children and kissed them. "Don't make Daddy or Grandma and Grandpa mad, okay?"

She promised to call every night so she could tell them a bedtime story.

As she walked away from their house, she felt sad, but relieved at the same time. Her feelings had been a roller coaster for a long time now, and she was beginning to realize that maybe that was just part of it all.

--

Two blocks away, she stopped at the curb and got out.

Five was already there waiting for her, standing leaning against the railing by the stairs, wearing a well-fitting suit.

When she reached him, she just smiled. "Five..."

"Love..."

"I'm beginning to suspect you're wearing those suits just for me," she pouted.

"You think so?"

"Sure, I was the first one to compliment your outfit."

Five had to smile at the memory, it had been so long. "Who else, you always commented on my outfit appropriately."

Lila had to laugh at that. She then reached into her jacket and pulled something out of her pocket. "So you won't miss me." She handed him a small gift cloth bag.

Five looked at her in surprise and then took the gift from her. When he opened it, it contained a bracelet of wooden beads - in natural muted colors, browns, beiges and greens, all on a red stretchy string. For obvious reasons, it immediately reminded him of strawberry beds.

"They don't really go with the suit, but I've always been a bit of a style crash for you," she joked.

Five looked at her, looking impressed.

"You're not gonna cry, are you?" She pouted her lips, angering him on purpose.

"I'll save it for when you leave so you don't laugh at me." He tried to return her joke, but the gesture still threw him off a little.

Lila took the bracelet from him, put it on his right wrist, and hugged him right after. He wrapped it around her and closed his eyes. When Lila pulled away from him, it was she who quickly wiped the tears from her eyes.

"God, I'm going to be sensitive after all..." she laughed to herself. She hadn't expected that this was the parting that would make her the most emotional.