CHAPTER 1

"BY 3RD POV"

Ryker Cormac stood tall, his eyes scanning the abandoned complex as his men unloaded the shipment. The crumbling buildings seemed to loom over them, a fitting backdrop for their illicit dealings.

Meanwhile, Lila Emberfell crouched behind a dumpster, her heart racing with anticipation. She had learned about the shipment from a trusted source and saw an opportunity too good to pass up. With her brother Varyl's medical bills piling up, she needed the money desperately.

As the Cormac party dealt with the buyers, Lila snuck towards the car, her eyes fixed on the suitcase full of cash. She distracted the guards with a cleverly thrown rock and made a grab for the suitcase.

She is fast, she thinks so but Cormac is faster.
The saying goes "devil works fast but Cormac works faster"

Just as her fingers closed around the handle, a low, gravelly voice growled, "Stop right there, Leonessá"

Lila froze, his raspy voice echoing in the silence. Did he just called me lioness? Thought lila.
She didn't have time to wonder as Ryker Cormac emerged from the shadows, his piercing gaze pinning her in place.

Without wasting anytime, Lila sprinted across the complex, dashing from the first building to the second. She scaled the fire escape, her feet pounding the rusty metal as she reached the roof.

Ryker's voice boomed below, "You think you can outrun me, little thief? I'll have you know, no one steals from Ryker Cormac!"
Ryker smirked thinking about her stupid move.

When you're in a run with lion, you shouldn't waste your energy cuz at the end of the day he will devour you.

But he knew for sure that, that's a lioness sprinting through the abandoned buildings.

Lila didn't look back, her focus fixed on escape. But she knew she couldn't outrun him forever...

As she reached the roof, she saw an old box at the end of the shelter.
She ran softly towards it and somehow made space for herself inside it.
She took breath after breathe to calm herself down.

Lila held her breath, her heart racing as Ryker approached her. The old box barely concealed her, but she hoped it would be enough. Five minutes passed, feeling like an eternity, when a whistle pierced the air. She stiffened, knowing she'd been caught.

As she looked up, Ryker's grey eyes locked onto hers, his gaze piercing.
That moment told her that somehow she has become the prey of the predator.
For a fleeting moment, Lila thought she saw a flicker of lust in his eyes, but she couldn't be sure. It wasn't the right time to notice, but she couldn't help herself. Ryker Cormac was sinfully handsome - chiseled features, sharp cheekbones, full lips, and a jawline that seemed carved from stone. The scruff on his chin added a hint of ruggedness, making her pulse quicken.

Ryker's eyes narrowed, his voice low and even. "So, Leonessá, you're a little theif. What were you trying to do?"

Lila swallowed hard, trying to appear braver than she felt. "I'm just trying to survive, Cormac."

Ryker felt heat spread through his veins after hearing her call him with his last name.

Ryker's gaze lingered on hers, his expression unreadable. Then, he offered a hand, his voice firm. "Come down, little thief. We need to talk"

Lila though never listened to anyone,
descended from the roof, her eyes fixed on Ryker's outstretched hand. She ignored it, her suspicion and fear momentarily overridden by pride. Ryker smirked, seemingly amused by her defiance.

As they stood face-to-face, the air was charged with an unspoken challenge. Lila's tall stance and fearless gaze earned Ryker's respect - he was captivated by her lioness spirit.

Their silent standoff was broken by the sound of footsteps. Ryker's men arrived, and his second-in-command, Marco, reached for Lila's arm. She twisted away, delivering a swift punch and a fiery warning: "Never touch a woman without her permission, Stronzo!"

Lila felt rage, what do men think of themselves?. She thought.

Ryker's eyes lit up with admiration, his mind racing with the possibilities. This woman would make an exceptional Cormac Mafia wife - fierce, loyal, and unafraid to stand up for herself.

That's what he needs, a wife. Well a heir too!
She seems fit for a wife of mob boss.

He raised a hand, silencing Marco's protests. "Enough. She's coming with me."

Hearing his deep voice, lila stiffens.
What did he meant by she's coming with me?

A moment of hesitation.

Lila, unsure why she obeyed Ryker's command. Perhaps it was the hint of approval in his eyes or the thrill of the unknown. She got into the car, her heart pounding in anticipation.

As they drove away, Ryker's gaze lingered on Lila, his thoughts consumed by the enigmatic woman beside him. He couldn't wait to uncover her secrets and claim her as his own.

It wasn't all about her bravery, it's about her appearance too, which exactly says "fuck you"

SOON TO BE CONTINUE....

______________________________________

Hope y'all enjoy the first chapter of shadows of deceit!
______________________________________

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.