CHAPTER 25

Just as the tension between Lila and Roger seemed to reach a boiling point, a new voice cut through the air, dripping with amusement. "Hey, don't tease my niece."

Lila's frown deepened as a figure emerged from the shadows, his presence seeming to fill the room with an effortless charm. His eyes sparkled with mirth, and his smile was a thin, wicked line that made Lila's heart sink.

Roger's grin faltered for a moment, before he regained his composure. "Ah, Uncle, perfect timing."

The newcomer's gaze flicked between Lila and Roger, his expression unreadable. "I see you're getting acquainted with my favorite niece."

Lila's eyes narrowed, her mind racing with questions. Who was this man? What was his relationship to Roger? And why did he seem to take such pleasure in her predicament? She tried to speak, but her voice caught in her throat, trapped by the web of uncertainty that surrounded her.

Lila's frown deepened as the man continued to taunt her, his voice laced with a mix of sadness and amusement. "You don't remember your own uncle, Lila?"

His eyes sparkled with mirth, but his tone was tinged with a hint of melancholy, as if he was genuinely disappointed in her lack of recognition. Lila's confusion grew.

She shook her head, her voice barely above a whisper. "I...I don't know what you're talking about."

The man's smile widened, his eyes glinting with a knowing light. "Oh, Lila. You really don't remember, do you? I'm hurt." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Roger snorted, his grin returning. "Yeah, Uncle, she's been playing dumb for a while now."

The man's gaze flicked to Roger, his expression stern for a moment before returning to Lila. "Well, I suppose it's to be expected. You were always a bit... fragile." His voice trailed off, leaving Lila with more questions than answers.

Lila's jaw clenched in defiance as she spoke, her voice firm and resolute. "I don't have any uncle or anything. My parents died in a car accident. I don't know what kind of game you're playing, but I'm not buying it."

The man's smile faltered for a moment, his eyes flashing with a hint of surprise. But then, his expression smoothed out, and he chuckled, a low, menacing sound. "Oh, Lila. You really have forgotten, haven't you? Or maybe you've just been told to forget."

Roger snickered, his eyes gleaming with malice. "Yeah, Lila, you're not as smart as you think you are."

Lila's eyes narrowed, her mind racing with anger and confusion. Who were these people? And what did they want from her? She thought of Ryker, and how he called her Leonessá - little lioness. She was not fragile, she was strong. And she would not back down.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lila repeated, her voice steady. "But I want out of here. Now."

The man's smile grew wider, his eyes glinting with a cunning light. "Oh, poor girl, what lies you have been told," he said, his voice dripping with condescension. "Your parents didn't die in a car accident, Lila. That's just a story, a fabrication, a convenient truth."

Lila's mind reeled as she tried to process his words. What was he talking about? Her parents' death was a painful memory, one she had lived with for years. She knew the truth, didn't she?

The man took a step closer, his eyes boring into hers. "You see, Lila, your parents were taken from you, but not by fate. They were taken by design. And you, my dear niece, are a part of something much bigger than you ever could have imagined."

Lila's eyes widened, her heart racing with a mix of fear and confusion. What was he saying? What did he mean? She tried to speak, but her voice caught in her throat. Roger's laughter echoed through the room, making her skin crawl.