CHAPTER 4

Lila's heart swelled with love at hearing him say the nickname he give her, and with determination that she would do whatever it took to give him a better life. Even if it meant making a deal with the devil himself, Ryker Cormac.

Later that day she walked to a cafe.
Where she was supposed to meet Ryker.

Lila stood outside the cafe, gazing through the glass doors at the opulent interior. The soft glow of chandeliers, the plush velvet armchairs, and the polished marble tables all screamed wealth and sophistication. She felt a pang in her chest, a familiar sense of not belonging. She shrugged it off and pushed open the door, stepping into a world that was far removed from her own.

As she entered, the sounds of gentle chatter and clinking cups enveloped her, and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and baked goods wafted through the air, making her stomach growl with hunger. She scanned the room, her eyes adjusting to the warm lighting, and that's when she saw him - Ryker Cormac, sitting at the end of a plush booth, looking like he owned the place. Which, for all she knew, he might.

He was even more imposing in person, his broad shoulders and chiseled features making him look like a sculpted god. His eyes, a piercing blue, seemed to bore into her soul as he caught her gaze. Lila felt a shiver run down her spine as he raised an eyebrow, a small smile playing on his lips.

She took a deep breath and walked towards him, her head held high, trying to exude a confidence she didn't quite feel. As she approached, Ryker's eyes never left hers, his gaze intense and unnerving. She felt like an insect under a microscope, but she refused to back down.

"Ah, Leonessá" he said, his voice low and husky, as she slid into the booth across from him. "Welcome to my humble abode."

Lila clenched her jaw, bristling at the nickname, but said nothing, simply raising an eyebrow in response. Ryker chuckled, the sound sending a shiver down her spine, and leaned back in his seat, steepling his fingers together like a king surveying his kingdom.

Ryker's eyes seemed to gleam with amusement as he took in her appearance, his gaze lingering on her worn jeans and faded t-shirt. Lila felt a surge of self-consciousness, but she refused to back down, meeting his gaze with a fierce determination.

"Of course, I am, Cormac," she repeated, her voice steady. "I said I'd come."

Ryker's smirk grew wider as he leaned back in his seat, steepling his fingers together. "I must say, I'm impressed. You're either very brave or very.... desparate"

Lila shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant despite the anger brewing inside her. "Maybe a little of both."

A waiter appeared, hovering nervously beside their table. "Can I get you anything, miss...?"

Lila hesitated, unsure of what to order in this upscale cafe. Ryker intervened, his voice smooth as silk. "Bring us two coffees, black. And a slice of your finest lemon tart."

The waiter nodded and scurried away, leaving Lila to wonder what she'd gotten herself into. Ryker's eyes never left hers, his gaze piercing and intense.

Lila's sharp voice cut through the air, "Let's get this over with, Cormac." She leaned back in her seat, her eyes flashing with impatience.

Ryker's smile grew wider, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Ah, lionessa, always so eager to get to the point." He leaned back in his seat, steepling his fingers together. "Very well, let's discuss the terms of our little arrangement."

Lila's jaw clenched, her hands fisting in her lap. "I'll be your wife, Cormac. But in return, you'll move my brother to a hospital with better treatment and facilities. And you'll make sure he gets the best care possible."

Ryker nodded, his expression serious. "Of course, Lila. I'll make sure Varyl receives the best care available but you might need to be a little obedient"

Lila clenched her jaw, and said,  "you're so wrong if you think I'll be some little obedient and dutiful wife"

Ryker's eyes gleamed with amusement at her sarcasm, his chuckle low and husky. "Oh, leonessá, you don't know that" he said, his voice dripping with confidence.

Lila's smile never wavered, but her eyes flashed with anger. "I doubt that, Cormac. You need me, remember? I'm doing you a favor by agreeing to this farce."

Ryker leaned forward, his eyes glinting with intensity. "Yes, I need you, Lila. But don't think for a second that I won't get what I want from you. You'll be my wife, in every sense of the word. And that includes giving me an heir."

Lila snorted, rolling her eyes. "You really think I'd willingly have your child? Please. I'll do what I have to do to save my brother, but don't expect me to be some dutiful little wife, producing heirs like a breeding mare."

Ryker's smile grew wider, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "We'll see about that, leonessá. We'll see about that."

The air between them seemed to vibrate with tension, the silence thick with unspoken threats and promises. Lila knew she was playing with fire, but she was willing to risk it all to save Varyl. Little did she know, Ryker had his own secrets, his own reasons for wanting her as his wife. And she was about to find out.

Lila's eyes locked onto Ryker's, her gaze burning with anger. But she knew she had no choice. She had to save Varyl, no matter the cost. "Fine," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'll do it. But know this, Cormac: I'll never love you. And I'll never forgive you for this."

Ryker's smile grew wider, his eyes gleaming with triumph. "I don't need your love, Lila. And I don't need your forgiveness. All I need is your obedience."

Ryker's words hung in the air like a challenge, his eyes daring her to defy him. Lila felt a surge of anger and resentment, but she knew she had to keep her emotions in check. She had to play the game, no matter how much she hated it.

"I understand," she said, her voice cold and detached. "I'll do what you want, Cormac. But don't think for a second that I'll make this easy for you."

Ryker chuckled, his eyes glinting with amusement. "I wouldn't have it any other way, leonessá. Now, let's discuss the details of our little arrangement..."

He pulled out a folder from his briefcase, filled with papers and contracts. Lila's heart sank as she realized the extent of Ryker's planning. He had thought of everything, from the wedding ceremony to the terms of their marriage.

As they went over the documents, Lila felt like she was signing away her soul. She was trapped, with no escape. But she knew she had to see it through, for Varyl's sake.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the meeting was over. Ryker stood up, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction.

"It's settled then, leonessá. We'll be married in two weeks' time. And soon after, you'll be carrying my child."

Lila felt a shiver run down her spine as she stood up, her eyes locked onto Ryker's. She knew she had to play the part, but she couldn't help feeling a sense of revulsion.

"I'll do what I have to do, Cormac," she said, her voice cold. "But don't think this means I'll ever submit to you."

Ryker's smile grew wider, his eyes glinting with anticipation. "Oh, leonessà. I'm counting on it."

With this Ryker stride out of the cafe where the driver was waiting inside the Mercedes Benz.

SOON TO BE CONTINUE....

______________________________________

Hope y'all loved this chapter berries!
______________________________________

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.