CHAPTER 27

Lila's head jerked up, her ears straining as the thumps echoed through the basement. Suddenly, the door burst open, and Antonio stormed in, his face contorted in rage.

"Time's up, bitch," he snarled, grabbing Lila with an iron grip.

He forcefully yanked her out of the corner, dragging her towards the back of the warehouse. Lila's body strained against his hold, but Antonio's fingers dug deep into her skin like talons.

Desperate to escape, Lila's body went limp, and she suddenly bent down, her fist flying into Antonio's groin with a sickening thud. He cursed, his grip loosening as he doubled over in agony.

Seizing the opportunity, Lila tried to sprint away, but Antonio's recovery was swift. He snagged her arm, spinning her back around. His hand connected with her face in a vicious backhand, sending her stumbling backward.

Lila's lower lip swelled, a crimson trickle oozing from the corner of her mouth. Her eyes blazed with defiance, but Antonio's grip remained unyielding.

"You think you can escape?" he sneered, his breath hot against her ear. "You're so wrong to think that."

Lila's heart raced, her mind racing with strategies to outmaneuver her captor. She knew Ryker was close; she could feel it. But until he arrived, she had to rely on her wits and determination to survive.

With a fierce cry, Lila launched herself at Antonio, but he easily subdued her, his strength overwhelming. Just as all hope seemed lost, a loud crash echoed from the hallway, followed by the sound of rushing footsteps.

Antonio's head jerked up, his eyes narrowing. "No," he growled, but little did he knew it was his last.

Antonio's grip on Lila tightened, but Ryker's gaze never wavered. The air was electric with tension as the two men faced off, Lila suspended between them, her fate hanging precariously in the balance.

Antonio's eyes darted towards Ryker, a flicker of fear dancing in their depths. But a sinister glint lingered, a spark of malevolence that refused to be extinguished.

"Welcome, Ryker," Antonio sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

With a cruel smile, he wrapped Lila's hair around his hand, the strands coiling like a noose. The barrel of the gun pressed against her temple, a cold, unforgiving metal kiss.

"Surrender," Antonio spat, his eyes glinting with triumph.

Ryker's gaze locked onto Lila, his heart swelling with rage and desperation. Her eyes were sunken, her skin pale and clammy. The bruises on her face seemed to pulse with a life of their own.

With a deliberate slowness, Ryker dropped his gun, the metal clattering to the floor. But his eyes never left Antonio's face, his gaze a promise of retribution.

Lila's body swayed, her limbs trembling with exhaustion. She pretended to faint, her body sagging against Antonio's.

In a swift, fluid motion, she toppled over, using Antonio's grip on her hair to pull herself down. Ryker seized the opportunity, his hand snapping to the gun holstered at his back.

Ryker aimed at his head, as he shot him. Two times. One beside the other.

"Rot in hell," Ryker hissed, his voice a low, venomous whisper.

Meanwhile, lila's world spun due to the events of today, her vision blurring. The hunger and exhaustion had taken their toll. She felt herself falling, her body crashing to the ground.

As darkness claimed her, Ryker's words echoed in her mind,

"I would set the world on fire to get you back"

The words were a promise, a vow spoken in the face of adversity. Lila's heart clung to them, even as her consciousness slipped away.

Ryker's face was the last thing she saw, his eyes burning with a fierce intensity. Then, nothing.

SOON TO BE CONTINUE....

______________________________________

We all want a fictional man who will set the world on fire for us, right?<3
______________________________________

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.