CHAPTER 9

After placing a kiss on his forehead, she walks out of there, back to the car.

After 10-15 mins drive, they reached castle.
They driver opened the door for her, she walked inside but froze when she heard a female laugh.

Lila frowned and followed the voice, and came to stop at the kitchen entrance.

Stood there was a woman hugging Ryker as he he caressed her hairs, both of them laughing. Well under different circumstances she would have stopped to admire his beautiful laugh but not now when there was a gurl glued to him

Lila clenched her jaw and wondered, what's so funny?.

As if Ryker sensed her presence, locked his eyes with her and said,"I love you, Arii", while smirking, as aria giggled in response, saying,"I love you too"

Lila's eyes widened in shock and she whispered, "what the actual fuck"

Hearing her voice, Aria spun around with a smile on her face and said,"finally, the beauty is home"

Lila looked at her, taking in her big grey eyes, small nose, full lips-
She had such an animated face.

Then she felt hands wrapping around her, enveloping her in a warm embrace.

"Hey sister in law", said a cheery voice, in her ear that she melted.

Her hands automatically wrapping around her, returning the hug.

Aria broke the hug, her face still beaming with a wide grin as Ryker introduced them, "Lila it's aria, my baby sis. And aria, it's lila, my fianceé"

Lil was shocked, a little sister? She wondered. "B-but I... I've never heard of her", she said in amusement.

"Well yeah only trusted people know about her, mostly family", she was happy that he was telling her this but somewhere, inside her was this warm feeling that he thinks her of as family.
He trusts her...

"Nice to meet you Lila", said arii.

"Well uhh nice to meet you to aria...you're beautiful", replied Lila, nervously.

Aria's giggle was infectious, and Lila found herself smiling along with her. "Thanks, Lila! You're pretty amazing yourself," Aria said, her eyes sparkling with warmth.

Ryker chuckled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "I think we can both agree on that," he said, his voice low and smooth.

Lila felt a flush rise to her cheeks as she met Ryker's gaze. She knew it was just the part of pretending but she couldn't stop her heart from fluttering.
She couldn't believe how natural it felt to be around Aria, like they'd known each other for years. She has this warm, welcoming feeling about her.

"So, Aria, how old are you?" Lila asked, when they were seated for lunch.

"Twenty-one," Aria replied, her grin mischievous. "And don't worry, I'm not as innocent as I look."

Ryker raised an eyebrow, his expression amused. "Oh, I think you're plenty innocent, little sis."

Aria playfully rolled her eyes. "Whatever, brother".

Aria's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "So, Lila, what do you do?"

Lila hesitated, unsure how much to reveal. She didn't want to lie to Ryker's sister, but she couldn't exactly tell the truth either.

"I'm...between jobs," Lila said, trying to sound casual. Not wanting to tell her she used to steal...

Ryker raised an eyebrow, his expression knowing. "Lila's being modest, Aria. She's a...freelance acquisitions specialist."