Presque Vu

Michael woke up in an empty room with concrete walls and one broken window. He sat in a chair with his hands tied behind him and his feet knotted to the wooden legs. He blinked his eyes open and strained them to see through the dark room. A faded outline of someone standing in front of him stepped forward into the dim light provided by the moon.

"Good to see you again" a sweet voice echoed through the hallow room.

"Wh-who are you?" Michael asked still in a daze.

A girl stepped forward into the light. Their eyes met and for a second everything felt familiar "Michael..please say you remember me"

"What's happening? Where am I?" He asked looking around at his surroundings.

"You're home" she replied stepping closer.

Michael shook his head "no, I have a home and this isn't it" he started to panic "where's Melissa? Is she safe?"

"Why do you care so much about Melissa?" She asked.

"Who are you?" Michael asked again realizing she never answered.

"You don't remember me?" She asked with a broken voice.

Michael shook his head confused. He tried to move his arms but they stayed to the chair "h-hey! Untie me!"

The girl looked down "Jay wants to see you" she said.

"Jay" Michael sneered "it's all coming back to me now, Greendale traded me in!" He tried kicking only for the chair to restrain him.

The girl stepped forward closer to Michael. She swung her legs over his lap and sat like a child would on Christmas whispering their secret wishes to Santa "when we were younger we were close" she said quietly.

Michael listened intently.

"Mike, please don't say you've forgotten me" she tightened her eyebrows and a clear glassy look covered her green eyes.

Michael opened his mouth to speak but a door swinging open cut him off "Glad you're awake" The chilling voice of Jay said as the door opened.

The mysterious girl looked up quickly and slid off of Michael's lap noticing Jay had joined them. She stepped aside and looked down at the concrete floor.

"You're no good" Jay laughed.

"What do you want from me?" Michael asked as Jay walked down the ramp to the floor where he stood.

"Nothing" he replied putting a hand on the mysterious girls shoulder "so you've met" he smiled "you can leave now" he said turning to the girl who nodded.

"Wait!" Michael called after her "what's your name?"

"Beverly" she replied without looking back.

Michael stared with a faded memory trying to shine through.

Beverly continued to walk out of the room.

"She chose us" Jay said with a wicked laugh.

"She didn't know any better" Michael yelled from his seat "she's too young!"

"Shut up Clifford!" Jay said introducing his fist to Michael's jaw.

Michael's head moved to the right from the sudden force. He spit blood to the floor and looked up only with his eyes "tell me what's happening, right now" he demanded

"We have a mission and you're coming with us wether you like it or not"

"What kind of mission?" Michael asked rolling his head back.