Chapter 13

I pace back and forth in the bedroom,glancing at the laptop that rested on the bed. I knew it needed to tell my mom what's been going on but I didn't know how.

I stopped pacing and stood in front of the computer.I sigh and sit on the edge of the bed. I place the laptop on my lap and stare at the screen."Here goes nothing."

I click the Skype button and it began to dial. I waited patiently for my mom to answer. I was dreading this moment.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom answered.

"Hi mom." I waved at the camera.

"How are you?"She asked.

"I've been okay.." I replied " ...You?"

"I have been good honey....I do miss you though." She replied sadly.

She looked more closely at my surroundings," Where are you?This doesn't seem like your home." She pointed out.

"Yeah....I need to tell you something." I look down.

"What is it?" She seemed concerned.

I took a deep breath and sighed," Gabe had been cheating on me....so I left him."

My mom sat there in shock for a couple of seconds."I'm really sorry honey.At least you know what it's like now." She managed to say.

I looked at my mother in disgust. After telling her I had been cheated on this is what she says to me.With out even a goodbye I signed out of Skype and shoved my laptop off my lap. I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. Rhett opened the door and poked his head in."Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine....it's just family stuff."I reply in frustration.

Rhett comes in and takes a seat next to me at the edge of the bed.He doesn't say anything he just pulls me into a hug and just holds me for awhile. I pull away and look into Rhetts eyes and get lost in them for a moment."Thank you. I needed that." I say greatfully.

Rhett pecks my lips and leaves the room without even a response. I knew I had feelings for Rhett but were they strong enough? I knew that my feelings of Gabe hadn't left me yet....I stilled loved him even though he cheated on me. I could only hope that being in this relationship with Rhett would diminish those feelings for Gabe. I could only hope......