Chapter 15

I had received a text message from Gabe.

Gabe:Hey Beth can I ask you something?

I didn't know what else to do but reply.

Me:What do you want?

Gabe:I want to meet somewhere with you. A place so we can talk.

All the thoughts and feelings that I was trying to forget came all rushing back to me. Did still love him? Why did he want to talk to me?

I asked my self over a million questions. I knew that something needed to be done.

Me:Alright we can meet up later.

Gabe: :)

I put down my phone and curled into a ball. What did I just get myself into? Should I even tell Rhett? I knew he would react badly to this but I had to tell him......it was the right thing to do.

I heard the door open and close.Rhett came up stairs and came into the room holding a cup of coffee like he promised."How are you today?" He asked handing me the coffee.

I took the coffee and shrugged. Rhett plopped down at the end of the bed."Is something wrong?" He asked.

"I need to tell you something." I replied.

In his eyes I could see the curiosity and fear build up."Okay...." He said unsurely.

I scooted close to him and took a hold of his hand. I couldn't even look straight into his eyes because I knew I would see the pain."I'm gonna go see Gabe and we are going to have a little talk. I know this really hurts you in someway. I just need you to understand what I'm doing." I said to him, still having a firm grip on his hand.

"I understand." He said sadly.

He pulled his hand away from me and got up from the bed."I will be at the studio if you need me." He said to me coldly.

He left the room and I could hear him opening the door and slamming it. I sat there has tears fourmed in my eyes. I was afraid that I might have just lost something that was important to me. I knew, however I needed to go through with this.

I looked down at my hand and realized I was still wearing my ring. At that moment I knew exactly what needed to happen. I wiped the tears way and smiled a bit. I quickly got up and got dressed and headed out the door. I wasn't planning on losing Rhett toady.