chapter 4

"How was bailing him out?" Mandy asked me.
I didn't get in until 3am this morning and had to be at the job at 6am. Isn't that fun?
"It was ok," I said.
Nothing much more to it. I just yelled at him, hugged him and had an awkward moment with him.
"Hey ladies," our boss, James greets us.
James was a nice guy or at least I think he was.
"Today you two are going to interview Morgan Wallen," he said in a cheerful voice.
"Like one on one?" I asked.
"Yes of course, but I want Alyssa to do it," he said.
Me? Interview Morgan Wallen? Fuck no.
"I'd be honored," I said and gave him a fake smile.
"Since you two are close. Am I correct?" James says.
I nodded. I couldn't say no to my own boss.
"Now, make up a script for any additional questions you want to ask him," he said.
After that me and Mandy started typing out my script and questions I  going to ask him.
"Ain it gon be awkward?" Mandy asks.
We were rehearsing my script right now.
Morgan was already in the studio room trying to get prepared.
"Might be," I said. "I mean who knows? People ain gonna find out we grew up together."
"Heh people will," she says. "I found out where Jason Aldean lived in twelve minutes. You don't know what people are capable of."
"I wouldn't ever tell a living soul that."
Mandy just laughed a little. After a couple minutes later, I was done and prepared. People started to freshened up my makeup and hair.
I walked into the studio and there Morgan was, sitting in a chair while the second one was waiting for me.
I was a little nervous and prayed I didn't stutter.
I made my over there and sat in the empty chair.
"Curly Sue!" Morgan exclaims. "How's it goin!?"
"It's going good," I said.
"I wanted to thank you for last night. You're a true friend."
A true friend? I should've won ex of the year for bailing him out.
"You're welcome," I said.
The director explained what he wanted us to do, I ask the questions and Morgan just answered them but keep it light.
"Alright 5...4...3...2.." the director says and cues me to talk.
"Hi my name is Alyssa Jones and today we're here with Morgan Wallen," I said as I put on a fake smile.
"Hey, thanks for having me here," he said.
"Now Morgan I know you're a buzzing sensation on the internet. Everyone wants to know why you threw that chair over the balcony?"
Morgan shifted in his chair uncomfortably a little and did a nervous laugh.
"My ex was getting engaged. I was pissed off. I ain proud of what I done and I apologize for it," he said. "I mean who wouldn't be? My ex gave me a child, love, and herself. So yes I was a little pissed."
For the rest of the interview, it was just basic boring questions like, where do you see yourself in twenty years? When are you dropping your next song? What's your love life like? What's your type? Are you dating anyone? You know the usual.
"Alright that was great! Ratings were off the charts!" James says.
"So Curly Sue," Morgan says leaning in towards me. "Are you dating anyone?"
"Why?" I scoffed.
"Just makin' conversation."
"Well not at the moment."
"Oh?" Morgan smirked. "Is that so?"
I giggled a little. I knew what Morgan was trying to do. It was honestly cute but I wasn't falling for it.
"Look she finally giggles," he says. "How about after work, you come over my house for a little. You know order some dinner?"
"No thanks," I denied the offer.
"Please? I have my kid tonight and I really wanted you to meet him," Morgan pleads with me.
He knew I had a soft spot for kids. I saw Indigo in pictures and he was adorable.
"Well alright," I said giving in.
"Great! I'll pick you up at...seven ish?"
"Seven-ish it is."