TWO WANNABES

Anncela took me home and told Aunt Ena about what happened. She also told me to change, since she's going to bring me to see her friends.

I agreed since I also want to explore the place, but having other people would be uncomfortable.

"Spoilers, they're both boys." She informed me. And now, I'm more anxious.

"That's okay, as long as I get to see the place." I pretended.

Arriving at the cafe, Jaja approache two boys sitting at the corner. "Xean, Luke." She called out.

The men looked at her then gave me a glance. "Who is she?" One of the boys asked.

"A tourist" Jaja replied.

They all looked at me, and I faked a smile. I sat down next to Jaja to feel more comfortable. They were both staring at me like I'm planning to kidnap Jaja.

After a few She then introduced me to both of them.

"This is Xean, he's my childhood best bud. This is Luke, he just moved here. I used to be his tourist guide." She explained.

Xean reached for a hand shake but I hesitated. He smiled awkwardly and bent back to Jaja.

"We're planning to go on an adventure. 3 days and 2 nights. Up in the hill. You wanna come?" Xean asked with a smile.

Jaja then flashed a very wide smile, wider than the one she spawned earlier. Her eyes were nowhere to be found. And it was beautiful.

"I'll ask Aunt Ena first, I have a client." She inquired. "It's okay, I can stay at the backyard and read. You can go." I interrupted.

"Or, you can bring her with you." Xean suggested. "You wanna come?" Jaja asked me. I mean, yes I want to.. but.

"Would that be intrusive of me?" I asked, feeling shy and worried at the same time.

"No, you would never." Xean claimed.

"Of course not, it's also better if there'll be 4. 2 person per tent." Luke explained.

During their conversation, I didn't mean to be nosy. But, Luke's stare at Jaja was something. And for sure, he has feelings for her.

He always hit her, then he'll place his hand on his nose and sniff. creepy! This maniac..

I can't tell Anncela about it because she'll think I'm interfering their bond, so I decided to shut up.

"Tomorrow, 9 pm" Xean said as he and Luke went off. We left the cafe and decided to go home since it's almost dark.

Halfway walking, Jaja voiced out

"Wanna sleep in the garden tonight?" She asked, that was out of the blue.

"Sure, why? Are you going to accompany me?" I teased with a smirk.

"Yeah, after this week. I'm gonna have to go back to Aunt Vexenna." She added. Her smile faded and her voice became shallow.

"Who is she?" I asked

"My guardian. My real guardian.." She claimed. "I'm just here for winter.."

"is it far from here?" I asked. I don't want to travel this place without her as my tourist guide. I plan on spending the entire month here.

"Not much, just the next village." She replied

Silence took over all the way to Aunt Ena's House. Anncela went to her room, saying she'll get some tent and books. So I waited for her outside.