SILENT REJECTION

The next day, Anncela didn't even say a word. She avoided all the eye contacts that were on her way, even skipped breakfast because I was in the dining.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Aunt Ena asked Jaja. Jaja on the other hand just nodded and left the kitchen and went back to her room.

I don't know if she's avoiding me because she hates me, or if she's avoiding me because she's trying not to fall inlove with me.

And of course I'm being delusional..

This went on for 2 days, where Jaja and I didn't talk to each other. Till one afternoon, Aunt Ena asked me to hand something to Jaja.

"Can you give this to Jaja, and tell her to come down here for a sec." Aunt Ena instructed me.

I took the box from Aunt Ena's hand and went straight to Anncela's room. On my way, I was rehearsing what I'm going to tell her.

"Hey, Aunt Ena wants you to have this" I rehearsed. Fvck thats cringey!

When I reached her door, I stood there, frozen and still processing the words that I will say.

I knocked twice and patiently waited for her to open the doors. As I sweat, I flinched when the door knob clinked and it swung open.

She rose an eyebrow and looked at me with disgust. What the heck?

"Aunt Ena told me to give this to you." I awkwardly said. She snatched the box and slam the door shut.

I shed a tear and looked in the door that was just open seconds ago. Imagining what she might be doing by now.

We should be out hanging, and just because of a simple 'I like you' everything was gone.

I was about to turn around, when I remembered that Aunt Ena told me to ask her to come downstairs.

I turned back and stared at the door for a couple seconds. Thinking if I should call her again or what.

I knocked once again, ready to be mutualy rejected. "Uhm, Aunt Ena also asked me to tell you to come down for a sec." I said quickly when she opened the door. And with that, I left.

I headed back downstairs and took a sit. I was glancing at the stairs, hoping to see Anncela come down from upstairs.

"Did you tell her that I was calling her?" Aunt Ena asked.

"I did, and I'm sure she's on her way." I reasoned. I decided to leave, thinking I was the reason why she hasn't been showing.

After a few hours, I went outside.

"Gosh, I fell asleep." I whispered to myself as I make my way out to the garden. Entering the empty field, it's almost night time. I slept a few couple hours.

Turning, I saw a figure by the chairs where me and Jaja used to sit. Could it be her?

The ignoring thing was getting to my nerves, so I decided to talk to her.