A NOT SO SURE CONFESSION

As I wait for her outside, thoughts ran back and forth. Do I have feelings for Jaja? But, I'm straight! I started making fake scenarios. Like, having her as my girlfriend, watching the sunset together, reading books, cuddling, even kissin-

"No, No, No! That's too much." I whispered to myself. I looked at the cresent moon and felt myself. Am I inlove with a girl?

"Hey!" Anncela pulled me out of thoughts.

All the made-up scenarios got brushed away as she handed me a pillow and a blanket. "The tent was broken, we can't use it." She explained.

It doesn't matter actually, as long as I get to sleep with her. Even if that means 4 feet away from her.

"So, how's the city?" Jaja broke the silence
"Have you never been in one?" I asked.

"Sadly.." She said with a chuckle. Guess she's born here, I mean, it's a 2 day drive.

"Well, it's noisy, chaotic, full of reign, and polluted. That's why I left." Explained.

But deep down, I left because of my toxic family. "Do you want to see the city?" I asked her with a smile?

"Aunt Ena said it's too far, and people are cruel." She reasoned. My smile faded and my eyes met hers. She's beautiful as ever.

"Have you been inlove?" I asked.

I acted oblivious and averted the gaze. I looked at the moon to avoid eye contact. I was dying to know her answer, but she kept quiet.

"Have you?" She asked back

I looked at her who was already looking at me. The place went awkwardly quiet, but I paid no mind. I looked at Anncela's eyes, and it was like I was looking at the galaxy. Filled with unexplained theories.

"I am now.." I whispered. But, it was loud enough for her to hear it loud n' clear.

I immediately broke the eye contact to avoid awkwardness and realized she heard it. I don't know what to say..

The night went on, but she never mentioned it. All I know was, when she was sleeping, I was staring at her.

I then felt my eyes getting heavy, so I decided to call it a night. I drifted

"You did it again?! when will you stop?" A voiced echoed. It's the same figure, always the same one...

"What do you want?" I asked back. I was well awared that it was a dream, but it kept happening. There must be something about it.

"It's hurting me more..." The figure cried.

"Stop, will you?"
"It fvcking hurts.."
"So much.."
"It's me.."
"it's -"

"Wake up, it's gonna rain!" Anncela woke me. She helped me stood up and we ran inside the house.

"No.." Jaja said

"No what?" I asked. Confussion filled my voice. What does she mean no?

"I've never been inlove.." She answered

She looked at the moon, listening to the sound of the rain. Silence ate us and I didn't know how to respond.

"And, what do you mean you are now?" She asked again. I was caught off guard. I don't know what to say.

I stumbled with my words as I try to make the best excuse.

"It's, uh- uh-" I stumbled

"Don't tell me.." she almost finished her words, but I interrupte.

"Luke!" I shouted.

"I like Luke.." I reasoned