CHAPTER TEN

.
.
.
.
.

The police station smelled of coffee and dust making Belladonna sigh with annoyance

The police station smelled of coffee and dust making Belladonna sigh with annoyance. Small town stations really did lack the scent of bloodthirsty, homicidal, rage filled killers.

The dark haired girl looks stone cold as she sits stiffly in a spinning chair glaring at a clock in the wall,

Nancy and Johnathan kept sharing worried looks for the girl while they had been in the back of the police car but she just ignored them. Even now in the station she couldn't meet their worried gazes.

"One of you girls want to make an ice pack for the boy?" An old woman asks and Nancy volunteers as Bella mumbles something under her breathe about the pain probably being euphoric.

Right now she craved physical pain over the mental and emotional ones she was suffering all due to Steve Harrington.

As Nancy goes to the break room to get the self made ice pack from the woman she begins asking about their stay trying to figure out how soon they could leave and finish trapping the monster they had planned to catch originally.

"Do you think we'll be out of here soon?" Nancy asks sweetly to the old woman to come off harmless.

Maybe she could get the three of them out of there if she could convince the police that they were just some innocent kids that got too involved too fast with a bad situation.

"You and your friend yes the boy no. He assaulted a police officer." The woman said like it was obvious but Nancy knew it had been a simple mistake as Johnathan was just trying to get back to punching Steve.

"Well how long are you gonna keep him?" Nancy asks with worry and the woman just stares at her blankly.

"You and your boyfriend have big plans do you?" The woman asks casually and Nancy laughs at the wrong assumption.

"He's not my boyfriend." Nancy says while crossing her arms defensively and the woman looks surprised.

"He's saying that other girl then?" She asks but Nancy again shakes her head no feeling a weird sensation at the mention of Bella and Johnathan dating.

"Well then you might want to tell him that dear..... he hasn't taken his eyes off you since you walked through that door..... At least it's better than what that other boy did for your friend... young love." The older woman rolls her eyes when saying young love and Nancy freezes looking at her wide eyed.

"No- Steve doesn't like her like that it was just.... A misunderstanding." Nancy says uneasily as the woman lets out a humorless laugh to show she didn't believe that for one second.