CHAPTER EIGHT

.
.
.
.
.

It was now pitch black outside

Belladonna happily walks through the creepy woods with a pep in her step as Johnathan and Nancy trail behind her nervously.

It was funny how there seemed to be a lack in any sort of animal or insect noises almost as if they sensed a predator amongst their group...

In fact the teens hadn't so much as spoken since the earlier conflict so it was almost eerie how long they had been surrounded by the tense silence.

Them a pained whimper is heard from somewhere around them and Belladonna excitedly goes bee lineing for it as Nancy tries to decipher what it is she was even hearing.

"What are you tired?" Johnathan asks keeping an eye on Bella who is still walking away from them.

"BELLA WAIT!" Johnathan yells impatiently after the strange girl not wanting to leave Nancy by herself.

"Shut up...I heard something." Nancy says before her eyes follow Bella who is going towards the weird noise.

"Come on." Nancy says in a right panic running after the dark haired beauty who seems to have too much of a pep in her step.

They actually almost lost sight of Belladonna but when they do find her she is crouched over an injured deer with her back to them. Unbeknownst to them she wears a smile close to a psychotic serial killers.

"Oh god." Nancy says with both disgust and distaste as Bella nods appreciatively.

Even Johnathan sighs with sadness as he and Nancy sit beside Bella her hair perfectly blocking her face from them.

"It's been hit by a car. Its suffering..." Nancy says with with a sad look to Johnathan that turns to one of fear as Belladonna finally speaks for the first time in hours.

"I know.... Isn't it beautiful I'm so jealous." The girl says with a slight pout now as both of her friends slowly turn to her maybe expecting her to be joking or something but they could tell she was serious.

Nancy and Johnathan slowly turn to each other shaking their heads to brush off her strange comments but it definitely had them a bit on edge despite knowing she'd never do anything to them.

Nancy pulls out the pistol to end the deers pain and Bella watches as Johnathan holds a hand out offering to do it. "I'll do it." He assures Nancy who looks unsure.

"I thought you said-" Nancy begins to say but the boy cuts her off before she could share whatever private story he had told her.

"I'm not nine anymore." He says while taking the gun and looking unsure of doing it as Bella holds her hand out wiggling her fingers for the gun.