Too Many Tricks

Gu Heng actually felt that it was no big deal to make a wasted trip.

The blow he had suffered was no less than returning empty-handed, although strictly speaking, he did at least take in a ghost as... a friend?

Not a pet anyway.

Gu Heng held the lantern, and with Jian Xuan shining inside, the hall didn't look particularly dark anymore. He walked along the inside of the hall, making several rounds.

Finally, he stopped, feeling a little disappointed.

There is definitely no opportunity in this place.

This is the tomb of a certain emperor, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Riyan Dynasty. His imperial tomb is not here, and it is definitely not a place that mortals can trespass in. The reason why there is a tomb in this mountain... I'm afraid it's because the previous dynasty was destroyed, and the tomb of the last emperor had to be built in this desolate mountain.

There is a bronze coffin in the middle of the hall, and the lid has been opened!

Things have become so miserable that Gu Heng knows that he must be late. Maybe there was some opportunity before, but there is definitely no chance now.

There was nothing left in this place. He could see some burial gold and silver, or some very ordinary low-quality white jade, but he was not interested in these things. Money was indispensable to him, but it was not that important. It was better for him to avoid stealing tributes.

The only truly majestic things are the twelve armored sculptures next to the coffin. They might have been the emperor's strongest generals when they were alive. After their death, their armors were still placed here to guard the coffin.

But this obviously did not stop the guys from ripping open the coffins.

"Alas...it seems that the guy lying here is quite pitiful."

Gu Heng bowed twice to the coffin to show his respect for the deceased. Then, he looked into the coffin out of curiosity, wanting to see how luxurious the "bed" where the emperor slept after his death was.

He looked inside and found no body.

But underneath, there was a silver-white jade pendant lying there quietly, with a lustrous color. Even the coffin looked a little rusty, but the jade pendant was not.

"What is this?"

Gu Heng picked it up and looked at it carefully, but he couldn't figure out what it was, so he put it directly into the system backpack.

But suddenly, the twelve armored sculptures nearby moved!

"Crash!"

A sound of metal collision was heard, and these armored sculptures raised their swords and quickly attacked Gu Heng!

"These things can move!?"

Jian Xuan was horrified. These twelve suits of armor seemed to contain some dormant souls, but were suddenly awakened. Each of them seemed to have the strength of the tenth level of the Tribulation Crossing Stage.

It seems that there is murderous intent at every step in the tomb of the Nameless Emperor.

Jian Xuan thought that even if he had been able to pass the first two obstacles unscathed, he would probably be killed once he entered this hall.

"Tsk, why are there these little tricks again? How boring."

Gu Heng frowned, thinking that he had never seen any real harmful traps in this mausoleum, but there were so many tricks designed to fool people.