44 | Back to work

~A/N~

So many hospital visits, but I refuse to let this book not have updated for more than a few months

I missed you guys! I hope you're having an awesome day!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please vote and comment if you can! <3

The sun was beginning to lower itself down and the moon started slowly making its appearance

The sun was beginning to lower itself down and the moon started slowly making its appearance. Lilly had spent the whole day showing Matteo a bunch of things that felt almost new to him. It was safe to say he wouldn't forget any of it with the amount of pictures now taking up his phone storage.

Lilly analyzed his every move, even if it was just his eyes moving. She listened to the way he spoke about the things they saw together; it was refreshing to hear something not relating to his work. She wanted him to get the break he deserved and she did not fail to do so.

Matteo could tell what Lilly was doing, and it only made it harder for him not to marry her on the spot. He wasn't cared for as much in relationships. He was used to the one night stands and club fucks. Lilly made him realize there's so much more to a relationship than just intimacy in bed.

They listened to the sounds of the waves beside them crashed together as they walked along the beach Lilly brought them to. She wanted to end the day on a peaceful note and the beach at night was just the place for it.

"What do you think about this one?" Lilly asked, putting another shell to Matteo's face.

Lilly had been collecting the seashells she found on the shore to take home. She loved to get crafty with anything she found, and she knew just what she wanted to do with them.

"It's beautiful, baby. Put it with the rest." Matteo answered as he moved the bucket close to her.

She put it with the rest of the shells and continued to look for more. Matteo couldn't help but smile to himself. He loved seeing Lilly happy even after everything that has happened. She never let anything stop her from enjoying the positive things about life, that's one of the things he loved so much about her.

"Baby turtle!" she suddenly shouted out.

Matteo snapped out of his thoughts, "What?"

"There's a baby turtle!" she pointed down, turning around to look at Matteo.

He walked beside her to see the small creature in the sand, rushing to get to the water. Lilly helped it by giving it small pushes until it was able to swim off to the ocean world.

"Such an adorable creature, I hope it gets home safely." Lilly said as she stood up, "Speaking of getting home, we should probably do that. I start my first day back to work tomorrow morning!"