Chapter 6: The Right Way to Open Up

In a cave in the snowy mountains at night, Sigurd brought a bowl of noodle soup with beaten eggs and diced ham and placed it in front of Kiana.

"Here, eat."

The boy looked at her with a cold and disdainful gaze, as if looking at trash, and said maliciously.

Rubbing her reddened cheeks, Kiana, who had been staring at Sigurd with teary eyes one moment and then showed a flattering smile the next, accepted the bowl of noodles with a face-licking expression.

"Thank you, Sigurd! Sigurd is so nice!"

Slurp!

That was the sound of a white haired girl happily eating noodles—using a fork designed for children. After all, It was perfectly normal for Westerners not to use chopsticks to eat, even if it's for noodles.

Seeing Kiana obediently eating the noodles, Sigurd turned his head and continued to think about what he was considering earlier.

Right, in the previous chapter's ending, he was thinking about leaving Kiana...

"Sigurd, I'm done. Give me another bowl!"

Sigurd's face turned gloomy as he turned around.

He saw the silver-haired girl with greasy lips holding an empty bowl that was clean and without a single drop of soup left. She stared at him with her blue eyes, despite not saying anything, he felt as if he could see the words "delicious" and "want more" in those eyes.

"Serve it yourself. If you can't wait, you can just take the whole pot."

"Oh my! Sigurd, what are you saying? I'm a lady, I won't do something so impolite... Give me a cloth, this pot is a bit hot, I'll burn my hand if I pick it up directly."

Looking at the pair of chubby hands reaching out in front of him, Sigurd took a deep breath, lowered his head, and revealed a kind smile.

Instead of handing her a cloth, he offered a pair of dead fish eyes filled with danger and darkness.

And then he grabbed those chubby little hands.

"Come on, it's actually not hot. Who needs a cloth? Just pick it up. What? You don't believe me? It's fine, I'll show you personally."

Sigurd said in a very friendly manner, matching those malicious dead fish eyes, resembling a scene from a horror movie with a deranged killer.

Kiana immediately broke out in a cold sweat but still tried to maintain her composure.

"Sigurd! Calm down, just calm down! Don't do anything crazy, I'm not someone you can easily bully... Ah! Stop it, stop it! It's getting too close! That place is off-limits! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, isn't that enough!?"

In the split second before he was about to place those chubby little hands onto the pot, Sigurd stopped.

"What did you do wrong?"

"I... I... It's... it's... Bougainvillea Island..."

"Don't act cute."

"Oh."

Sigurd let go of Kiana's hands, picked up a bowl, served the noodles, and handed it to Kiana.

Then, in the relieved expression on Kiana's face, Sigurd spoke slowly.

"First, you did wrong by disturbing my thoughts. It's not just for me, but for anyone who is seriously working, it is impolite to disturb them. Try to avoid doing it, understand?"

"I understand, I know."

"You answer so readily, are you just placating me?"

"No, no, I'm really listening attentively!"