Chapter 7: Dreams

"Heee~~Then, how about we just have a chat instead?"

Kiana rested her head on her knees, wearing a sweet and innocent smile. Her pair of watery blue eyes shimmered with a beautiful radiance in the glow of the fire, evoking imaginative thoughts.

Sigurd paused for a moment, then pulled open a corner of his blanket, gesturing for Kiana to crawl inside.

Kiana blinked and crawled over, wrapping herself in the blanket.

The two of them cuddled close together, and Sigurd felt a chill at first, but it quickly dissipated by the warmth emanating from both of them. The entire blanket was filled with a cozy and comfortable feeling.

"So warm (>▽<>)"

Kiana squinted her eyes like a little cat and made a cute purring sound.

Sigurd couldn't help but slightly curl up his lips and said, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Well, there are so many things! For example, Sig, did you have any family left, where did you live, anyone you miss, what do you like, and what do you want to do in the future, and so on."

"Why do you want to know so much? We've only known each other for two days, right?"

"Sig, you big dummy!"

Kiana bumped her head against Sigurd's, seemingly a bit angry as her cheeks puffed up, and said, "The length of time doesn't matter! We're friends, and friends should get to know each other better!"

Sigurd touched his forehead where he was bumped and felt a slight pain, but his mood inexplicably improved.

"I don't have any family left. I used to... live in a very distant place. There's no one I miss, and I can't quite say what I like. As for what I want to do in the future, I guess it's just to live peacefully without too many worries."

"Umu~~~ is that all?"

"How much more do you want me to say?"

"Fine, I guess it's normal for you to have limited experiences if you're about the same age as me. As for me, I'm a bit better off than you, at least I have a smelly old dad who went missing. But it seems like I had a sickness before, and I've forgotten all my childhood memories. I don't know where I lived before, who my family and friends were, I don't know any of it."

Kiana's face showed a look of disappointment, but she quickly cheered up and continued, saying:

"Now the only family I know is my annoying old man, and I miss him a lot. The thing I want to do the most is to find him as soon as possible. As for the things I like...

"Cake or snacks?"

Sigurd suddenly asked.

Not realizing the interruption, Kiana replied:

"I like both-No, wait! What do you take me for? My favorite thing is fighting for justice, so in the future, I will definitely become a great hero of justice and protect the weak! Just you wait and see!"

Kiana raised her head, curled her lips, and her face, illuminated by the flickering flames, was filled with pride and satisfaction.

Sigurd looked at her intently, feeling as if something inside him had been touched, unwilling to look away.

After a while, Sigurd spoke slowly:

"A Hero of Justice, huh? That's a good dream. I happen to know a story about a man who dream to be hero of justice, would you like to hear it?"

"Of course, tell me."

"The story begins in a peaceful city called Fuyuki, where a Holy Grail War took place..."