Chapter 21: Planting the Sun

If you want to see more chapter of this story and don't mind paying $5 each month to read the latest posted chapter, please go to my Patreon.

Latest Chapter in Patreon: Chapter 182: The Iron-Handed Father

https://www.patreon.com/Strijder

<+>

Honkai Beasts proved to be more challenging than expected.

Twelve floating cannons, along with the main cannon on the front of the vehicle, unleashed a total of thirteen beams of high-energy particles that nearly leveled the buildings in the entire small town.

Of course, Sigurd adjusted the altitude to avoid some hidden areas where people might be hiding, trying his best not to harm the innocent.

Even so, they only managed to clear one-third of the small Honkai Beast horde.

"For those giant Honkai Beasts measured in floors, even if they're hit head-on, they just shake their massive heads and continue rampaging as if nothing happened."

"Couldn't penetrate their armor, huh? Guess our firepower is still insufficient."

Sitting in the vehicle, Sigurd glanced at the bewildered people around him.

"What are you all standing there for? She risked her life to save you, not so you can stand here dumbfounded. Keep running. I'll lead the main force away. Whether you can survive or not is up to you."

Without waiting for a reply from the people, Sigurd pulled out two iron cables from the vehicle and bound Kiana to his chest.

He then twisted the handle, and the massive tires crushed through the rubble and debris, heading straight towards the towering giant Honkai Beast.

Boom!

The tremendous impact landed on the Honkai Beast's hoof, causing it to stumble and crash to the ground.

Seizing the opportunity, Sigurd climbed up the powerful motorcycle, which had remarkable gripping strength, using the fallen Honkai Beast's body as a ramp. He ascended to higher ground and struck the head of another nearby Honkai Beast.

The seemingly large and cumbersome motorcycle, under Sigurd's control, maneuvered like an agile leopard, weaving through the bodies and movements of these giant Honkai Beasts.

With the focused fire from the floating cannons, Sigurd attracted the attention of several giant Honkai Beasts and successfully eliminated one, obtaining data on their armor strength. At the same time, their hatred intensified.

Sigurd decisively twisted the vehicle's handle, seeing the pursuing Honkai Beasts trailing behind. He raced towards the opposite direction of the city, deep into the snowy mountains.

...

Crash!

As the vehicle flew over a small bump and the subsequent jolting sensation, along with the continuous roars of the Honkai Beasts in the distance, Kiana woke up.

"Hmm?"

"Sig..."

"Where am I?"

Kiana asked groggily, then couldn't help but cough violently for a while, feeling a surge of metallic and sweet scent in her throat.

To avoid worrying Sigurd, she forced herself to endure and didn't spit out the blood rushing up in her body.

"We're in the mountains."

Sigurd lowered his head and glanced at her.

The once snow-white face of the girl was stained with messy dirt and bloodstains, but her paleness and weakness were still apparent.