Chapter 27: Proposing an Irresistible Condition

If you want to see more chapter of this story and don't mind paying $5 each month to read the latest posted chapter, please go to my Patreon.

Latest Chapter in Patreon: Chapter 182: The Iron-Handed Father

https://www.patreon.com/Strijder

<+>

"Hahaha! Interesting, truly interesting! Do you know how long it has been since I had a conversation with someone on equal terms, even to the point of teasing each other? Hundred of years! Those people who is stupid enough to claim to be my equal are either foolish, overestimate themself, or both."

Otto suddenly burst into laughter and couldn't stop, looking at Sigurd on the screen with growing interest.

Sigurd nodded and raised a glass of cold water from the table, toasting Otto through the screen.

"Indeed, conversing with intelligent people is a delight. The collision of thoughts and knowledge always brings infinite surprises. To the great wisdom, to the remarkable Mr. Otto."

"I toast to you as well, interesting young lad."

During their first interaction, Otto had also referred to Sigurd as a young lad, but it was a casual and dismissive term. However, now, the phrase "young lad" carries a sense of recognition and even deliberate closeness.

Otto raised his glass, took a sip of red wine, and responded to Sigurd's toast. Then he said:

"So, what plans do you have for your theory? I'm not rushing you, of course. After all, developing a new theoretical system and putting it into practice is no less challenging than building a modern city from scratch. However, precisely because of the high difficulty and because it's your theory, only you know the ins and outs and how to proceed, so it's best to plan ahead."

"I've found a girl."

"Oh?"

Otto's eyes lit up.

"You mean her abilities involve time, and because of this factor, her eyes can see more complex information, touching the essence directly."

Otto's expression showed his curiosity.

"You're saying that Sin Mal's ability is a suitable entry point?"

Sigurd had never mentioned Sin Mal's name, yet, he know about it regardless.

Feeling a headache coming on, Sigurd sighed.

"Mr. Otto, how many eyes have you placed around me? I've hardly interacted with anyone along the way, so how did you track us?"

"Don't be mad~~ one is a valuable asset of Schicksal, and the other is a young promising genius of this era. How could I trust you to wander the world on your own? It's not malicious; I just wanted to provide you with a bit of insignificant help when necessary, that's all~"

'Yeah, right.'

Sigurd rolled his eyes inwardly but calmly praised:

"Schicksal is truly an organization that has no bounds."

"You flatter me. Since you have a plan, I won't say too much. However, concerning Cocolia, although she is seeking cooperation and an opportunity to challenge Schicksal, her methods and schemes are not simple. Have you figured out what you will use as a bargaining chip?"

Sigurd turned his head and looked at the moon outside the window. He calmly replied:

"You don't need to worry about that. I will offer her an irresistible condition."