Chapter 25: Recruitment and World-Famous Paintings

If you want to see more chapter of this story and don't mind paying $5 each month to read the latest posted chapter, please go to my Patreon.

Latest Chapter in Patreon: Chapter 182: The Iron-Handed Father

https://www.patreon.com/Strijder

<+>

Sin Mal had a dream.

In her dream, there were her parents lying in a pool of blood, foster parents covered in mouths of desire all over their bodies, and the angelic and pure Bronya.

Sin Mal stood in a gradually sinking black swamp and reached out her hand towards Bronya.

"Sorry... You're a monster... not a human."

Bronya said so and turned away, ignoring Sin Mal's outstretched hand, gradually moving farther away.

"No... don't go..."

"Ah!!"

Sin Mal woke up screaming, holding her head in her hands, and felt not the smooth strands of her usual hair, but a rough bandage.

"Where is this?"

Sin Mal held her head, trying to recall the events of yesterday.

Ah, I remember. Yesterday, I killed that hideous pair of greedy mouths and also took care of a disgusting fat pig—this is not a metaphor or an exaggeration; in Sin Mal's eyes, her foster parents and the wealthy businessman who reached out to her looked just like that.

And then, she herself became engulfed in darkness, gathering the sins of humanity... God! Right, she also met God! God acknowledged that she is human!

"Ha... Ha... Hahaha..."

She suddenly burst into laughter, maniacal laughter.

...

"Sig, do you think she's gone crazy?"

"Her mental state doesn't seem very stable."

"Do you think giving her cakes and ice cream would help?"

"...She's a human, not a tuna."

"Wha-! Are you calling me a fish again!?"

"I never named anyone specifically."

...

Sin Mal turned her head, and there were two people facing each other at her bedside.

One of them is a silver-haired boy who appears beautiful and refined in her eyes.

The other is a mass of haunting black flames.

"You... me..."

Sin Mal tilted her head, trying to say something, but she didn't know what to say. It has been a long time since she had a normal conversation with someone.

Then Kiana, taking the initiative, held her hand and enthusiastically said, "Hello! I'm Kiana Kaslana! You seem to be called Simbalah, right? It's nice to meet you!"

"It's Sin Mal."

Sigurd corrected, not disappointed in Kiana's memory—because he had long given up hope.

"Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'll remember after spending a few more days together! I don't know what you've been through, but it doesn't matter. I'll protect you from now on!"

Kiana said in a carefree manner, wearing her usual bright smile—innocent and naive.

Sigurd remained noncommittal.