Chapter 26: Otto's Self-awareness

If you want to see more chapter of this story and don't mind paying $5 each month to read the latest posted chapter, please go to my Patreon.

Latest Chapter in Patreon: Chapter 182: The Iron-Handed Father

https://www.patreon.com/Strijder

<+>

From the day they met, Kiana knew that she and Sin Mal wouldn't get along.

Interestingly enough, Sin Mal felt the same way.

..

Nighttime, outside Sigurd's room.

Kiana, clutching a pillow, and Sin Mal, also holding a pillow, faced each other, and there was an electric current flowing between their gazes.

"Simbalah, what do you want?"

"I just want to sleep with Sigurd. And also, it's Sin Mal, you stupid fish-head!"

"You brat, your injuries have already healed. Now, I won't go easy on you just because you were injured when Sig and I found you!"

"That's just what I wanted! Come on!"

Sin Mal swiftly pulled out an iron pipe.

Who knows where she hid it while wearing pajamas? Was it hidden in the pillow? Wouldn't it be uncomfortable to sleep on?

With a blunt weapon in her hand, Sin Mal's mouth curled up into a smile, unconsciously extending upward, forming an incredibly sinister smile, brimming with the aura of a major antagonist.

Kiana had no weapon in hand.

But she wasn't afraid.

Rip!

Kiana tore apart her pillow, and the feathers scattered in the air, as if showcasing her strength and ferocity.

The two sides faced each other, and the sparks of conflict grew more apparent, ready to erupt.

Suddenly, Kiana's eyes rolled back, her body trembling, and after a series of strange convulsions and spasms, she collapsed at the doorstep.

Sin Mal was startled.

Although in Sin Mal's eyes, Kiana appeared as a twisted black flame, she could still sense what was happening to her.

Sin Mal crouched down and cautiously poked at Kiana with the steel pipe, but her hand went numb and the pipe clattered to the ground.

"Is it... electricity?"

Muttering to herself, reflexively retracting her hand, Sin Mal wondered.

Kiana, with her hair standing on end, face blackened, and smoke coming out of her mouth, trembled as she reached out her hand and said,

"It's... Sig..."

The mahogany door next to them slowly pushed open.

Creak—

Sigurd walked out from the room, his back facing the light inside, and reached out, grabbing a drifting feather.

It was the pillow he personally made for Kiana.

From the choice of feathers and fabric to the polishing of height, fluffiness, and durability, and even the shaping, scent, and stitching patterns on both sides, everything was meticulously designed to provide better sleep quality for someone like Kiana who would turn the world upside down in her sleep, reducing fatigue in the neck and spine.

He still remembered a few days ago when he received the pillow, Kiana was so touched, patting her chest and repeatedly swearing by the Kaslana Family name that she would cherish it.