Chapter 20: Encounter

If you want to see more chapter of this story and don't mind paying $5 each month to read the latest posted chapter, please go to my Patreon.

Latest Chapter in Patreon: Chapter 176: Maybe It's Time

https://www.patreon.com/Strijder

<+>

"Icarus, can you contact Kiana now?"

"My Lord, I couldn't find any information about Miss Kiana within the interference range of my signals."

"Tsk! How much longer until we reach Uluru Town?"

"At the current speed, it is estimated to take another twelve minutes."

"Secondary self-check of the weapon system to ensure it functions properly."

"Yes, My Lord."

In the howling cold wind, Sigurd, wearing narrow blue lenses, shifted gears again. The electric thrusters propelled the tires with even greater efficiency, and the sci-fi-inspired motorcycle, longer than the average private car, raced under the morning sun.

"My Lord, your speed is too fast, increasing the risk of steering and braking. I suggest reducing speed as soon as possible and driving safely."

"No need, I know what I'm doing."

Sigurd replied coldly.

If he hadn't considered the possibility of returning amidst the pursuit of Honkai beasts, he would have even disregarded the damage to the vehicle and pushed the speed to its limit.

Unable to persuade his master, Icarus silently checked the full set of weapon systems, including the twelve floating electromagnetic cannons soaring in the air behind the vehicle.

...

On the other side, Kiana had lost count of how many times she had entered and exited the herd of beasts to save people.

Not every rescue mission was successful.

There had already been seViral instances where the rescued individuals died midway.

At the same time, her clothes were in tatters, wrapped haphazardly with makeshift bandages, and her movements were no longer as smooth and agile as before.

Let me reiterate, the current Kiana is only twelve or thirteen years old. How much capability could she have?

Even so, she continued to save people without stopping.

Bang!

Crack!

A single shot took down a flying Honkai beast, but at the same time, the gun in Kiana's hand shattered into pieces with a metallic cry, turning into scattered metal fragments on the ground.

"Damn it, since the bullets are this powerful, can't they make the gun more sturdy to handle the recoil better?"

Kiana complained, but she also knew that it was not easy to have bullets like these, let alone create a gun that could withstand the impact of Honkai energy.

While grumbling, Kiana didn't hesitate in her actions. She directly reached out and caught the fangs of a two-meter-tall Honkai beast.

"Ah!!!"

Under the impact of the Honkai beast, Kiana roared in defiance, but her body couldn't control being pushed backward. Her feet plowed two tracks on the ground, and the bandages wrapped around her arms oozed red blood.

Finally, the impact force of the Honkai beast was completely exhausted. Kiana forcefully slammed her forehead forward, causing the huge Honkai beast to stumble, and then she swiftly lifted it up.